Tom Wussow Park At 500 Greens Rd.

Why do I feel like I've just been to a real estate seminar?

The first time someone got a gun stuck in their ribs and told to "gimme all you're money" would likely signal the turn off point for most. Let me ask you a question. When was the last time you were in Greenspoint? Are you there every day? You mentioned a beautifully kept park earlier. The park's name is Wussow, btw. Would you like to know how many fights, robberies, drug deals, and gang gatherings have occurred there in just the past, say, 5 years?

The area IS ugly. Just because City View remodeled a bunch of old apartment complexes, and the city laid some new concrete and planted some trees, does not make it "beautiful". The area has serious crime issues. Until that is addressed and minimized, they can slap all the lipstick they want on it. It'll still be "gunspoint".

Might want to update your pictures, btw. Crowne Plaza is no longer in Greenspoint.

• Like 1

• 10 years later...

North Houston District awarded $455K grant for Greenspoint-area park upgrades | Community Impact

294045.jpeg

$1M in park improvements planned at Wussow Park - North Houston

"The North Houston District received a $455,013 Texas Parks and Wildlife Department grant for the Wussow Park Renovation project, which focuses on improving area residents’ health and wellness and enhancing the natural aspects of the park. The projected project cost is $940,000, and the TPWD grant will cover nearly half."

• Like 2