Milam Elementary School At 1100 Roy St.

Htowngirl

A few months back, I posted that I had heard rumors from my neighbor that this school was being bought by a private school. As of the past couple weeks, the "For Sale" sign has come down, and the school is seemingly being remodeled. There were workers in there over the weekend, and new fences and (young kids) playground equipment is being installed. Does anyone know what school this may become? Private? Public?

I heard that huge child care facility on Heights and...7th?...is moving in there. I dont have kids, but heard from a parent. I dont know the name of the kid care but it takes up like 3 houses just south of Donovan Park.

This looks to be correct, from my research:

Esperanza-the Outdoor School

(Once Upon A Tine Inc*, Esperanza School*)

639 Heights Blvd Houston, TX 77007-2523

Contact NameTitleGender ALEXANDRA COUVARAS Owner F

HCAD INFO FOR 1100 ROY ST:

Owner Name &

Mailing Address: ARGOS 1956 PROPERTIES LLC

% ALEXANDRA COUVARAS

3350 MMUE RD APT 2104

HOUSTON TX 77056

Legal Description: LTS 1 THRU 10 BLK 65 & ADJ ALLEYWAY

(PRORATED 3-12-10)

BRUNNER

Property Address: 1100 ROY ST

HOUSTON TX 77007

Edited by heights

esperanza owns several properties on the blvd, including their main house next to Pappas which is on the historic register. all of these houses will be on the market as soon as their move to the roy street location is complete. their plan is to have the whole school moved by early fall, except their "discovery center" which is a commercial building on the south side.

i am curious to see what happens to the buildings, esp the main house. the house has been carved up to meet the needs of a daycare but it also has a lot of the original details like the fireplaces, doors and many of the original windows.

I heard from a neighbor this weekend that it is indeed going to be a private school, and they are renovating most of the school right now, but will rent out the un-reonvated part of the building to HISD offices during the renovations.

I heard from a neighbor this weekend that it is indeed going to be a private school, and they are renovating most of the school right now, but will rent out the un-reonvated part of the building to HISD offices during the renovations.

it's not a private school, per se. it's a daycare. my son goes there. they stop at pre-K4 for the school year, altho they do have programs for older kids in the summer.

it's not a private school, per se. it's a daycare. my son goes there. they stop at pre-K4 for the school year, altho they do have programs for older kids in the summer.

Correction, then: "I heard from a neighbor this weekend that the former MILAM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL is indeed going to be a private school, and they are renovating most of the school right now, but will rent out the un-reonvated part of the building to HISD offices during the renovations."

Correction, then: "I heard from a neighbor this weekend that the former MILAM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL is indeed going to be a private school, and they are renovating most of the school right now, but will rent out the un-reonvated part of the building to HISD offices during the renovations."

sorry. no need to get defensive. that's not what i meant. it's actually not changing to a private school from a public one. it's actually becoming a daycare, not technically a real "school" anymore.

• 8 months later...

While driving south on Heights Blvd the other day, I noticed that the school zone was only about 1/3 as long as it used to be. Then I noticed that the Esperanza school which had prompted the extension of the school zone to 1/2 mile long has apparently completed their move. The buildings are for sale now.

While driving south on Heights Blvd the other day, I noticed that the school zone was only about 1/3 as long as it used to be. Then I noticed that the Esperanza school which had prompted the extension of the school zone to 1/2 mile long has apparently completed their move. The buildings are for sale now.

I was wondering what happened there. Don't know why i didn't think of Esperanza. Makes the drive to Harvard to drop off my son a little easier (I go down Heights to 7th to avoid the minor backup of turning left onto Harvard at 8th).

• The title was changed to Milam Elementary School
  • The title was changed to Milam Elementary School At 1100 Roy St.