Will Downtown Progress Slow Down Now SB 09 Is Out

Now that Superbowl 2009 is out for the count for Houston, do you guys think the progress downtown will slow down? In other words, do you think Houston will lose the intensity and the urge to pump up downtown. I sure hope not because i am so excited with the buzz that's going downtown. It's almost like a new beginning.

Goodies, NO! Houston don't feed off of Super bowls, all-star games, etc. Houston will go on without it like it did before. It's really no big deal. To tell you the truth, Super Bowls really carter to smaller cities like, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, etc. That's why they always going to flordia for the Super Bowl. Yeah, you may see one or two big cities like Houston, New York getting a Super Bowl every now and then.

But, will Downtown progress slow down cause we're not hosting 2009 super bowl? No. Downtown will continue on building up main street, and streets surrounding it. They have alot of projects on their agenda for downtown. You will see.

I certainly hope not. I would be quite ashamed and embarrassed of our city if the only thing that motivated them was the Super Bowl.

Hopefully they would keep up the development for the citizens of Houston and not just for some big media event.

I certainly hope not. I would be quite ashamed and embarrassed of our city if the only thing that motivated them was the Super Bowl.

Hopefully they would keep up the development for the citizens of Houston and not just for some big media event.

If we keep staying on top of our game, and we throw our own parties away from Super Bowl time on a regular basis, eventually the world will notice anyway.

However C2H, I think it's a great question, and I hope the city feels the same way I do.

I sure hope not but Houston does allow many of the projects to go up in flames. I personally don't think the SB will have a major impact but i am concerned about the low occupancy rate in Hotels downtown.

It's probably because many of them aside from the Hilton Americas look like rotten ____. People do judge a book by its cover, no matter how nice they are on the inside.

I sure hope not but Houston does allow many of the projects go up in flames. I personally don't think the SB will have a major impact but i am concerned about the low occupancy rate in Hotels downtown.

It's probably because many of them aside from the Hilton Americas look like rotten ____. People do judge a book by its cover, no matter how nice they are on the inside.

:lol::lol::lol:

I sure hope not but Houston does allow many of the projects to go up in flames. I personally don't think the SB will have a major impact but i am concerned about the low occupancy rate in Hotels downtown.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I doubt if the Super Bowl would have much influence on the construction of new buildings.

However, it did have a great influence on what should be routine maintenance. Vacant lots were mown, litter was picked up, trees and landscaping were planted. Shouldn't we always put our best face forward, regardless of special events?

I think downtown development will just go on with the same momentum that it has had. What it will miss is the boost that it would have gotten from the Super Bowl. The kinds of things we root for around here tend to happen easier when an event like that is on the horizon.

Oh, and I can't believe we let Tampa Bay get it. A most lack city, in my opinion.

Not gettin the Super Bowl will likely lead to the demise of Houston as we know it.

Soon, everyone will drive hydrogen cars, and our petro-chemical plants will be useless.

Sing While ye may!  As the end draws near.

:lol: i needed that, thanks.

• The title was changed to Will Downtown Progress Slow Down Now SB 09 Is Out?
  • The title was changed to Will Downtown Progress Slow Down Now SB 09 Is Out