Cinemark 17 And XD Theater At 1600 Lake Robbins Dr.

f95kai

The new Cineark at Market Street was supposed to focus on indie and international movies for adults. It now appears thez will use it as an overflow for Tinseltown failures. What a shame.

I saw that this weekend when we were walking through.

We also noticed there are far too many BAD home furnishing stores. Many will tank within the year. I would love to see some "non-chain" resturants open in their place. Even a night club would be nice. The Woodlands REALLY needs an upscale night club.

I totally disagree. Some indie films are great, but just don't go to the major theaters. Everywhere you go, in every city they have an indie theater, this is really great for woodlands. What y'all thought, two big major theaters side by side each other? Come on now. Even I notice that. It's the same theater company (cinemark) yes, but when I found out it was going to be a 5 screen theater in the market street that's when I thought it's going to have indie films, and low budget movies there.

And the Woodlands is a place to live, to raise your kids, also to have fun. The Woodlands is a beautiful place, and everytime I go there somethings new poppin up.

A nightclub in the woodlands? Ummmm, I don't think so. The Woodlands is more of a place to relax, shop, eat, have fun with family to the parks. If they do get a nightclub it wouldn't be in the town center, nor market street. It would be off of i-45 heading into the woodlands, but a nightclub directly in the woodlands, no. Residents wouldn't like that one bit. They may think bringing a nightclub into town would draw crime, drugs, etc.

The Woodlands is a tourist place, and a place to live.

\

A nightclub in the woodlands? Ummmm, I don't think so. The Woodlands is more of a place to relax, shop, eat, have fun with family to the parks. If they do get a nightclub it wouldn't be in the town center, nor market street. It would be off of i-45 heading into the woodlands, but a nightclub directly in the woodlands, no. Residents wouldn't like that one bit. They may think bringing a nightclub into town would draw crime, drugs, etc.

The Woodlands is a tourist place, and a place to live.

Oh I think a nightclub, ala Mercury Room, right in Market Street would have a tremedous draw. Remember, the plan up there is to make it more upscale urban.

So many companies are moving in with young single employees with money to burn.

Besides, I would be more concerned about the crime the Walmart, back in Sleepy Sterling Ridge, will bring in over anything happening in a upscale night club.

There is a wine bar called "cru" opening in market street this summer. Also, i "heard" awhile back that the owner of the mercury room and boaka bar (same owner?) had a concept in the works for the woodlands.

• The title was changed to Cinemark 17 And XD Theater At 1600 Lake Robbins Dr.