Ted Kennedy Is Spinning

BryanS

...nobody is stating the obvious; that in a fairly progressive state that already passed healthcare reform locally, liberals and progressives are just as turned off by the current healtcare bill as are conservatives. The current bill is nothing more than a bribe to health insurance companies. Maybe that's why Coakley received 500,00 votes short of the number of registered Democrats in the Commonwealth.

I thought that I'd already articulated the gist of that point fairly well. Nice to see that we're in agreement, at least, as rare as that is.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was funny.

http://www.news.com.au/world/daughter-mortified-by-senator-scott-browns-gaffe/story-e6frfkyi-1225822378010

THE mortified daughter of the Bay State's newly elected senator Scott Brown said she and her sister were not amused when their proud pop announced they were "available" in the midst of his widely-watched acceptance speech, the New York Post reported overnight.

last i had read, mass had a predicted 5 billion dollar shortfall this yr. they've upped their sales tax 25%. will be interesting to see how the people (and businesses) take that.

Sounds to me like we should start building more skyscrapers in downtown and midtown so we can accommodate all those fleeing higher taxes, snow, and crappy baseball teams. :)

Yes I concur. Who the heck goes up there anyway? UGH.

The Tedder loved women... loved killing them, that is! Am I right, Marksmu? Am I right? Am I right?

What, too soon?

I totally agree with you. I'm amazed at how infallible your wisdom is. I don't think it hyperbolic to go so far as to call you a genius.

I find the notion that Ted is spinning in his grave... disturbing. That would mean he's not actually dead, which would mean he'd have been buried alive! That's just horrifying to consider.

And to think he's still alive without food or water for this long too...

I think he actually passed away several years ago and Democrats have been just propping him up and counting his vote until his decaying flesh got to be a nuisance on the Senate floor. 

:rolleyes:

I think he actually passed away several years ago and Democrats have been just propping him up and counting his vote until his decaying flesh got to be a nuisance on the Senate floor. 

I hear that his blood alcohol content was so high at the time of death that all the taxidermist had to do was break his joints and install flexible wires so that the DNC handlers could pose him appropriately...and a loudspeaker so that he could

. The flesh was preserved completely, at least for a while. The reported tumors actually turned out to be growths of fungus. The DNC kept the act going a little bit longer but "killed" him at a point that they thought was strategic. Talk about a miscalculation!

I hear that his blood alcohol content was so high at the time of death that all the taxidermist had to do was break his joints and install flexible wires so that the DNC handlers could pose him appropriately...and a loudspeaker so that he could

. The flesh was preserved completely, at least for a while. The reported tumors actually turned out to be growths of fungus. The DNC kept the act going a little bit longer but "killed" him at a point that they thought was strategic. Talk about a miscalculation!

It was all preparation for a movie he was to star in, Weekend at Bernie's 3: Weekend at Teddy's.

In other words, the Republican may as well have been Castro or Chavez, correct? 'Cause, I mean, he sounds like a total pinko commie to me.

He may as well be hiring more clerks in the welfare offices, for all Marksmu and I are concerned. I guess Marksmu and I should just sign our paychecks over to him since he'll be giving the whole thing away to lazy jobless loafers and irresponsible orphans anyhow. How can he even call himself a Republican if he doesn't hate poor people and women? That's what the Republican party was founded on, right? Hating the poor and the women?

I dont think Republicans hate women....thats just another one of the sterotypes, like minorities, that Democrats lay claim to, to try to make any of the women or minorities who side with Republicans feel that they are outliers, and are going against the grain.

I will admit I know little about Brown, but I have watched Pelosi, Reid, and Obama, and they are terrible. Obama is not a centralist, he is as far to the left as they come. He had the most liberal voting record of any senator in his short time there. His book was allegedly chalk full of ultra liberal ideas....( I did not read it) It will be interesting to see if he tries to save his presidency now by embracing and actually working with republicans now that he has to if he wants to pass anything.

The democrats had a full year to do anything they wanted, and their greed amongst themselves, and their selfish desires to ensure that they got all they could for themselves in the way of political capital, cost them dearly. Now Americans see their true colors. They see its all about what can you do for me! They saw the dirty politics, they saw the bribes, they saw all the broken promises, and for what? The democrats made a fool of themselves for nothing, b/c they wont get their crappy bill passed ever now.

The democrats had a full year to do anything they wanted, and their greed amongst themselves, and their selfish desires to ensure that they got all they could for themselves in the way of political capital, cost them dearly. Now Americans see their true colors. They see its all about what can you do for me! They saw the dirty politics, they saw the bribes, they saw all the broken promises, and for what? The democrats made a fool of themselves for nothing, b/c they wont get their crappy bill passed ever now.

Marksmu and I can reach across the aisle and agree about something.

There's hope yet for the country!

This election was a popularity contest, and just that. The news media contributes to this frenzy when they decide to make a story where there really is no story. After it was all said and done, the people elected the most popular, photogenic, and the latest cool thing.

This was true somewhat with the election of Obama. People turned out to vote for him because he was the newest thing. People want to be part of a trend, so they vote for someone whose is asociated with the latest trend.

That's why Rick Perry may be in trouble in Texas. He may be good looking and photogenic, but he has been around too long and he's not trendy anymore. However, I agree that Hutchinson may not be so trendy herself.

What I'm saying is that if the media gives one person a lot of attention then the people will gravitate to that person as being popular, upcoming.........and trendy, and that is what people want to be associated with.

BTW, Can't Editor fix this stupid tool bar that's in the way of our typing.

Awesome. It even appears to insinuate that Obama's is a black head on a white body...as though he'd been surgically altered from the neck up to appeal to guilty white voters.

And is Harry Reid giving us the finger?

And it looks like Teddy's hands get considerably more time in the sun than does his face...

Everyone has a finite level to their proficiency in any skill. You've uncovered my photoshop wall, Niche.

Awesome. It even appears to insinuate that Obama's is a black head on a white body...as though he'd been surgically altered from the neck up to appeal to guilty white voters.

And is Harry Reid giving us the finger?

I don't detect such inconsistencies. What browser/version are you using?

Oh my god! That's horrible! Their sales tax is now equal to Texas'! Oh, but they don't have local taxes, so, at 6.25%, it is actually 24.2% LOWER than we pay in Houston (6.25% to 8.25%).

Until it's the 14% that I pay for Starbucks, everywhere is a tax paradise compared to Chicago.

I don't smoke, but in a number of places I've seen cigarettes approaching $100 a carton. From what I can tell, the average price for a pack is $8.50. Taxachusetts' got nothin' on Illinois.

• The title was changed to Ted Kennedy Is Spinning

Archived