Meadows Marketplace Retail Center At 6711 South Fry Rd.

bcnet

Good find! That is very interesting and exciting. We love Mexican food and are always looking to try something new. There was originally a Mexican Food place planned for across the street by the Denny's but it sounds like it is going to be a McDonalds now based on the other active threads in this forum.

The structure is already there for this restaurant - they just need to build out the inside.

• 5 months later...

There was construction going on at the very end of the HEB shopping center closest to Seven Meadows drive...I think it is called El Rancho. It looks like it has been finished for a while but I haven't been able to tell if it is open or not. Does anybody have any insight? If it is open, have you tried it and what did you think?

There was construction going on at the very end of the HEB shopping center closest to Seven Meadows drive...I think it is called El Rancho. It looks like it has been finished for a while but I haven't been able to tell if it is open or not. Does anybody have any insight? If it is open, have you tried it and what did you think?

Not open yet, but looking very close to being done. We plan on going once it opens.

I was told last week that they have been ready to open for a while, but are still waiting on permits and an inspection. Hopefully, they will open soon. The location in N. Katy has great reviews on b4-u-eat.com

http://www.b4-u-eat....ews/rsv3160.asp

They are open now. I believe they opened either Sat or Sun night. We ate there this evening. Food was very good. Service was reasonable considering they just opened. Being open for just a couple of days they have a few kinks to work out. It seemed a bit smoky (from the Fajitas). It appears that the air handler could use some adjustments. In fact, the fire alarm went off during our visit. After about 30 seconds the audio part of the alarm was turned off but the flashing lights were on all the time we were there.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a chance to go there myself the other day. Food was not very good. Very average. I got a tamale, enchilada, taco combo and the taco was the best part. Food was hot but just not very good. They only had chicken tamales and the masa was very thick on it. Echilada was decent but kind of small. Very average overall.

Had a chance to go there myself the other day. Food was not very good. Very average. I got a tamale, enchilada, taco combo and the taco was the best part. Food was hot but just not very good. They only had chicken tamales and the masa was very thick on it. Echilada was decent but kind of small. Very average overall.

Same here. I got the Presidente or whatever that combo is called. The one with the tamale, enchilada, and taco. It tasted like it was previously frozen. Ugh.

Nice generalization. Had a feeling it was just a matter of time until a 'burb hatin' comment was thrown out there.

You can always count on me to hate the 'burbs. This isn't to say I won't ever live in the 'burbs, but I'll definitely hate every minute of it.

You can always count on me to hate the 'burbs. This isn't to say I won't ever live in the 'burbs, but I'll definitely hate every minute of it.

Well at least you're keeping an open mind about it.

For the record, I've eaten there twice and I would say that it's reasonably good. Not great, but good.

I have heard from co-workers that El Rancho is just "okay". Unfortunately, based on my experience, "okay" is about the best I can expect from most places. I guess that's why we almost never eat out anymore. Every time I read a review about a great restaurant in the area, I am disappointed when I finally get around to trying it out. :-(

Not saying that I haven't had good experiences at restaurants here - just few and far between - and I haven't found a great chinese restaurant in Katy - okay - but not great. But I compare everything to my favorite - and nothing has come close.

I have heard from co-workers that El Rancho is just "okay". Unfortunately, based on my experience, "okay" is about the best I can expect from most places. I guess that's why we almost never eat out anymore. Every time I read a review about a great restaurant in the area, I am disappointed when I finally get around to trying it out. :-(

Not saying that I haven't had good experiences at restaurants here - just few and far between - and I haven't found a great chinese restaurant in Katy - okay - but not great. But I compare everything to my favorite - and nothing has come close.

Every god-forsaken chinese place in the Universe must order their food from the same EXACT supplier because it ALL tastes the same! ALL OF IT!

The best chinese food I've ever had was when I went to my friend's house to study for an exam one night. She is of chinese descent and her mother made the most authentic chinese food ever. It's NOTHING like what we see at chinese places.

Every god-forsaken chinese place in the Universe must order their food from the same EXACT supplier because it ALL tastes the same! ALL OF IT!

The best chinese food I've ever had was when I went to my friend's house to study for an exam one night. She is of chinese descent and her mother made the most authentic chinese food ever. It's NOTHING like what we see at chinese places.

There are some great authentic Chinese places in the Westpark area off of Bellaire. Just remember that Chinese food (like most other cuisines) is regional. "Authentic" can be very different depending on the influence.

I'd like to go into a time warp for some original "americanized" Chinese food from the 1960's. I've had something like this before in DC suburb in Northern VA.

The real difficulty in what you say is bringing you back after your meal. The energy needed to move something into the future becomes asymptotic to infinity after 2 years. Ugh.

The real difficulty in what you say is bringing you back after your meal. The energy needed to move something into the future becomes asymptotic to infinity after 2 years. Ugh.

I've never seen someone get so verbally annoyed with the difficulties inherent in time travel.

Your "ugh" is amusing the crap outta me right now. I think I'm gonna have to rep you for that.

• The title was changed to Meadows Marketplace Developments
  • The title was changed to Meadows Marketplace Retail Center At 6711 South Fry Rd.

Archived