Bowl Game Pick Em Challenge

Highway6

Thought LSU was a lock, what a let down. And why did Mizzou fall apart like that ?

LSU was a lock. We played one of the worst games I've ever seen, bad at all phases of execution. Yet still, we cover the 2.5 spread. Wow. I would rather we lost by 20 instead of that crap though.

Mizzou was pretty bad all year.

Scoreboard.

We are down to 3 games... 2 big ones and a lowly one that has no right playing after New Years.

However, the scores at the top are close enough that the lowly 3 pnt Troy / Central Michigan game could have an effect on the outcome of the contest with 3 Haifers currently in the running.

TJones is currently sitting in 1st and has a 37% chance of winning.

Ethanra is sitting in 2nd but has a 50% chance of stealing victory while underdog 5th place AtticaFinch has a 13% chance of a come from behind victory.

Here's the breakdown on possible winners -

Tonight - Iowa vs Georgia Tech

If Georgia Tech wins, than the Gmac Bowl tomorrow will be meaningless.

It will come down to
TJones
(Texas) vs
Ethanra
(Alabama) for all the glory.

It will come down to
N Judah
(Texas) vs
Chamo
(Alabama) for dead last..

If Iowa wins tonight, than the GMAC bowl still matters in conjunction with a Texas win.

It will be
TJones
(Central Michigan) vs
AtticaFinch
(Troy) for the right to stay in.

Then it comes down to
Tjones/Attica
(Texas) vs
Ethanra
(Alabama) for the win.

Its
Kinkaid
(Texas) vs
TheNiche
(Alabama) for last place, regardless of Gmac Bowl.

In the "Close but no Cigar" dept. -

Current 3rd place trymahjong made up lots of ground with his Boise St pick, but he has the same remaining picks as Tjones and would have had to have also picked Iowa to still have a chance.

Current 4th place Brijonmang has the same remaining picks as Ethanra and if he had just picked Troy..... he still would have lost by 1 heartbreaking pnt. Brijonmang would have also had to have picked Iowa to still be in the running.

Current 6th place Elecpharm... If only you had picked Boise St, the ensuing drama would have been too much to handle. You would have been currently tied with Attica and too had a 13% chance of victory. It could have come down to Ethanra (Alabama) vs Attica (Texas + 56 or less combined points) vs Elecpharm (Texas + 57 or more combined points)

It will be TJones (Central Michigan) vs AtticaFinch (Troy) for the right to stay in.

Then it comes down to Tjones/Attica (Texas) vs Ethanra (Alabama) for the win.

Not bad for total guesswork.

Coincidentally, that's also how I got through college.

I'm just glad I can somewhat bring my reputation back after a terrible season in the pick 'em...

Half of us, myself included, will be lucky to finish at .500... whoever wins this thing will be around .600

None of us should be going to Vegas with our football expertise anytime soon. It has been fun though.

I hope mack had a hell of a halftime speech hidden up his sleeve. I'm still rooting for Bama... But damn... What a slaughter end of the half. I almost feel just the teensiest bit sorry for the tsips.

At this point, I want a furious comeback to least make it entertaining... Then have another shovelpass get run back 99 yard to slam the dagger home. Roll Tide.

I don't. 2010 is getting a bit more tolerable with the prospect of millions of horns having to shut up.

Amen.

Looks like we got a game now. That's okay. Defeat will hurt that much more. Hopefully it will end on such a spectatularly boneheaded play by their freshman quarterback that his psyche will be ruined for next season as well.

• The title was changed to Bowl Game Pick Em Challenge

Archived