Beatty-West Building At 815-821 Main St.

Subdude

• 10 months later...

Resurrecting an old topic here. Does anyone know what's going up where the Beatty West building was? I was very sorry to see this one go. I had hopes someone could bring it back. I know it was considered run-of-the-mill ugly by many but I kind of liked it. (Without all that banner crap wrapped around it.) Please don't say they're building more lofts/condos. I think I'm just too sentimental to live here. HAA!

Resurrecting an old topic here. Does anyone know what's going up where the Beatty West building was? I was very sorry to see this one go. I had hopes someone could bring it back. I know it was considered run-of-the-mill ugly by many but I kind of liked it. (Without all that banner crap wrapped around it.) Please don't say they're building more lofts/condos. I think I'm just too sentimental to live here. HAA!

That block was completely demolished except for the Stowers building (Bond building, Montagu Hotel, old Legget's Drugs are also gone).

MainPlace is the name of the skyscraper being built there:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=11978

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Beatty-West Building At 817 Main St.
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Beatty-West Building At 815-821 Main St.