2010 MLS All-Star Game will be in Houston

Trae

Didn't think we would get it until we built a soccer-specific stadium:

Major League Soccer has awarded the 2010 MLS All-Star Game to Houston, the Chronicle has learned. League commissioner Don Garber will make an official announcement later today from Sandy, Utah, site of Wednesday's All-Star Game.

The date, opponent and venue for the event — either Robertson Stadium, home to the Dynamo, or the much bigger Reliant Stadium — will be announced at a later date. This year's MLS All-Stars, which include Dynamo starters Geoff Cameron, Brad Davis and Stuart Holden, take on English club Everton on Wednesday in Sandy, Utah, under the direction of coach Dominic Kinnear.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/6549550.html

They must not be very optimistic of their future if they're only planning one year ahead, don't yall think?

Good times, but too bad we won't have the stadium by then.

Maybe they just don't need that much time to plan such an event... I can't say for sure just a thought.

Maybe they just don't need that much time to plan such an event... I can't say for sure just a thought.

Yeah, that might be true, too. That or our city is extremely good and well conditioned in preparing for these type of events. One year seems like nothing for something of this magnitude. I wonder if they've actually know for at least 6 months.

How does the MLS all-star game work? If it's two teams of MLS players, I don't see how in hell they'll fill up Reliant. If it's an exhibition thing where it's MLS all-stars vs Juventus or something, even I would go to that.

The MLS team plays a big name team from another country/league. This year they played EPL team Everton, I think last year they played Celtic and then Chelsea two years ago, but I didn't look it up to make sure. Next year I think they are playing a team from a Spanish country.

Archived