The Urban The Woodlands

Montrose1100

The Woodlands is growing into its own little "city". Complete with the Cynthia Pavillion that often takes artists, bands and musicians away from Houston. With great streets, and a waterway, still underway, whats not more for it to have? Rail... Its attempts with this new trolly is a grave mistake. They should have rail going out in to the neighborhood its self, so people don't have to get in there cars to work (lets say that they worked in the Andarko or surrounding buildings,) or ever the malll & Movies! It would be so much better if they extened the water way a little down Woodlands parkway, but that would be really expensive. If they could get that small rail going into each section of the woodlands, they would be on the right track towards a goal Houston has yet to achive. Go Woodlands, but don't screw up on your rail, learn from our mistakes.

If anything, they need to be along our specs as far as the track itself goes, that way if they need to, or want to merge w/ our rail, they can.

But you're right, they need to have a slight rail, if anything to help alleviate the traffic problems they're bound to have in the near future.

In regards to the Concert venues, I can't stand the fact that it's so far away and it's outdoors to boot! From what I heard of some of the neighbors, they're not very thrilled when a major concert gets there because of the sheer volume of traffic.

Ricco

If anything, they need to be along our specs as far as the track itself goes, that way if they need to, or want to merge w/ our rail, they can.

But you're right, they need to have a slight rail, if anything to help alleviate the traffic problems they're bound to have in the near future.

In regards to the Concert venues, I can't stand the fact that it's so far away and it's outdoors to boot!  From what I heard of some of the neighbors, they're not very thrilled when a major concert gets there because of the sheer volume of traffic.

Ricco

There not, most people I know who Live in the Woodlands, and work in town, take Kuykendal down to Louetta, and get on 45 from there. (Takes alot longer) but not nearly as long as it would with all the traffic, expecially before the concert begins, so they have to use the same route, going back. Thats if people from Spring or Tomball don't use the same one. Going to the mall on a concernt night is a nightmare.

• 4 months later...

The Woodlands Town Center is becoming more "urban" every day.

First Non-Retail Business Opens in The Mall Expansion

Sales Training International Relocates to The Woodlands Mall

by Sales Training International

Sales Training International is the first non-retail business to relocate to the new Woodlands Mall expansion space. Since starting the business in The Woodlands in 1988, the owners of Sales Training International have always been at the forefront of

• 2 weeks later...

Woodlands offering different housing options

Trends shifting to offer more condo-style developments

By BETH KUHLES

Chronicle Correspondent

WHERE IT'S HAPPENING

Construction is booming at several sites in The Woodlands seeking to fill a different niche for housing options. Among the sites are the following:

Some of those people on that site are nuts. Sure, I'm all for the trees, but they seem like..totally "anti town center".

Woodlands offering different housing options

Trends shifting to offer more condo-style developments

By BETH KUHLES

Chronicle Correspondent

D'Alesandro said the growth of huge apartment complexes around The Woodlands is evidence that the community wasn't providing housing options for the rest of the population.

"Why aren't we making more land available?" D'Alesandro questioned. "Why are we not making different kinds of products? "

LINK

Huge apartment complexes? Didnt they learn their lesson from Gulfton? One thing that I wonder about master-planned communities is that, after they have sold the land to the builders and those builders have built and sold those houses, what incentive is there for the developers to maintain the quality of the community? One of the greatest appeal of The Woodlands is, well, the woodland. However, once all of the land allocated for construction of commercial and residential structures has been built out on the promise of keeping those greenbelts, what is there to prevent the developers from clearing the woods on the land originally set aside for trees? After all, developer can always make more money by selling that "empty" land. As far as developer is concerned, that is a perfectly good piece of property. What power do the homeowners have to stop it?

• The title was changed to The Urban The Woodlands