Brown Sugars BBQ - Almeda And Greenspoint?

Does anyone know if these two Brown Sugars BBQ locations are the same owner? They seem to have the same menu and same decorating style, but the website only mentions the Almeda location.

Not sure about the owners but i do know the Almeda location used to be on Telephone Road just south of Bellfort (in front of Garden Villas). This would have been early 70's

When I was a kid, Brown Sugar's was on Kleckley behind Almeda Mall...pretty much right across the street from the Bracewell Library.

They moved sometime in the early 90's (I think?) over to a strip mall on the Gulf Freeway feeder...close to Bizarre Bazaar.

I think I only ate there once when I was around 10 years old. Don't recall the meal (25 years ago), but they must do a decent job, cause they're about as old as I am.

Does anyone know if these two Brown Sugars BBQ locations are the same owner? They seem to have the same menu and same decorating style, but the website only mentions the Almeda location.

The Greenspoint location was at I-45 and Greens Rd, across from the mall in a separate strip center. Pretty good barbecue, and I usually like my 'cue tangy, not sweet.

Maybe it only lists the Almeda location because the Greenspoint location is closed? I haven't been in that area in a long time, but the last time I drove by the Greenspoint location I remember it looked closed.

There's no indication on B4-U-Eat that the Greenspoint location is closed, and if they are, it must've happened fairly recently, as I worked a few blocks away from there up until the end of last year and used to eat lunch there semi-regularly. The BBQ quality was pretty variable, and the sauce lives up to the name of the restaurant (way sweet), but it sufficed for a work lunch given that I was usually pressed for time and it was the closest 'cue joint in the area.

• The title was changed to Brown Sugars BBQ - Almeda And Greenspoint?

Archived