Savage's Bar & Grill At 2610 Bissonnet St.

I have a memory from the early 90s of my sister taking me to a Pappadeaux near the intersection of Kirby and Bissonnet. I know there's one nearby near Kirby and Richmond, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that one. If my memory serves me correctly, the Wachovia Bank stands on that site now.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a memory from the early 90s of my sister taking me to a Pappadeaux near the intersection of Kirby and Bissonnet. I know there's one nearby near Kirby and Richmond, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that one. If my memory serves me correctly, the Wachovia Bank stands on that site now.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

I don't remember one there. I used to be a Mexican restaurant then a Tortuga's.

I got the worst case of food poisoning I've ever had at that Monterey House in the mid-80s. Pretty sure that off-temperature frijoles were the culprit. After I recovered a day or so later, I called them and let the manager know what had happened. He didn't seem to care, and I never ate there again.

• The title was changed to Back In The Early 90s, Wasn't There A Pappadeaux On Bissonnet St. & Kirby Dr.
  • The title was changed to Savage's Bar & Grill At 2610 Bissonnet St.