Texas Couple Accused of Shooting Man, 2 Kids

Texas Couple Accused of Shooting Man, 2 Kids

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: May 8, 2009

Filed at 4:53 p.m. ET

HOUSTON (AP) -- A couple is accused of opening fire and wounding four people -- including a 7-year-old boy and a 5-year-old girl -- who they mistakenly thought were trespassing on their property.

The victims, who were off-roading near a residential area about 40 miles northeast of Houston, were struck with shotgun bullets late Thursday after stopping their vehicles near the Trinity River so the children could go to the bathroom, said Liberty County Chief Deputy Ken DeFoor.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/05/08...d-Shooting.html

Trash people like this give Texas and the rest of the South a bad name. They had a huge Confederate flag in their front yard and signs saying they will shoot to kill if you come on their property. I'm with you JLWM8609, but I would take it a step further and give them the death penalty!

Trash people like this give Texas and the rest of the South a bad name. They had a huge Confederate flag in their front yard and signs saying they will shoot to kill if you come on their property. I'm with you JLWM8609, but I would take it a step further and give them the death penalty!

That's interesting you bring it up, because Texas' very frequent use of the death penalty is one of the very things that reinforces our backwoods reputation.

That's interesting you bring it up, because Texas' very frequent use of the death penalty is one of the very things that reinforces our backwoods reputation.

You're correct, but that's just going to cause a thread derail.

Anyway, this is a really painful story considering how ridiculously unjustified the shooting was. I understand that there are people out there who are "RAWR, MY LAND!" but how in the hell can you justify pulling the trigger on a shotgun aimed at little children? I mean CHILDREN, a 5 and 7 year old. To say nothing of the fact that the people weren't even trespassing.

LOL! You know I thought about that be for I typed it, but then I said for trash like those people that did this I would make an exception. I'm pretty sure they (the ones who did this) agreed with the death penalty, because after all they are trash. So pretty much they getting done to them what they believe should be done to others. I can pretty much tell you everything about these people without ever meeting them. After seeing their trailer on their wooded lot and their Confederate flag and signs. I can tell you that they are every conservative, idolize people like Rush Limbaugh and the Bush family, wear camouflage clothing on a regular bases, dip snuff, and eat possums. I could go on forever.

I can pretty much tell you everything about these people without ever meeting them.

That you would assume such a significant level of familiarity with them on the basis of superficial observations is disturbing. It makes me fear for my own well-being that there are people so willing to generalize about others as you are.

That you would assume such a significant level of familiarity with them on the basis of superficial observations is disturbing. It makes me fear for my own well-being that there are people so willing to generalize about others as you are.

Oh brother!

The only positive side to this sordid and thoroughly depressing vignette (and I really had to look hard) is that they can't hurt anyone else now. That's no consolation to that little boy with his life ahead of him, nor his family. They need to be made an example of to anyone who thinks pointing a gun in anyone's direction and pulling the trigger warrants no more than a couple of seconds of casual consideration. I'm hesitant to endorse the DP (quite honestly I'm on the fence about it but would probably lean against) but for sure they shouldn't see the light of day for an extremely long time. Is hard labour still an option? 40 years each, no parole.

Archived