Year round Christmas trees

west20th

Something I've always wanted to do is leave the Christmas tree up year round and change out decorations for the seasons such as:

Christmas (of course)

Mardi Gras

St. Patty's

Easter

4th of July

Fall/Halloween

Back to Christmas

Anyone know of anyone that sells tree decorations for all seasons?

I think your just going to have to get creative. Score some Mardi Gras beads to decorate for MG. Maybe some beer coasters for St. Pattys, plastic Jesus for Easter, some sparklers for July 4 (okay, maybe that's not a good idea), halloween should be easy. B)

Something I've always wanted to do is leave the Christmas tree up year round and change out decorations for the seasons such as:

Christmas (of course)

Mardi Gras

St. Patty's

Easter

4th of July

Fall/Halloween

Back to Christmas

Anyone know of anyone that sells tree decorations for all seasons?

Why don't you change out the colors of the bulbs of icicle light strings while your at it and leave those up year round. :huh:

Are you serious?!?!? A year round tree, come on. Unless it's a live potted fir plant with a few hanging things out and placed in an outside patio, I can see that being kinda neat, but a straight up plastic fake tree in the corner of the room, tacky and a bit TT. :rolleyes:

Why don't you change out the colors of the bulbs of icicle light strings while your at it and leave those up year round. :huh:

Are you serious?!?!? A year round tree, come on. Unless it's a live potted fir plant with a few hanging things out and placed in an outside patio, I can see that being kinda neat, but a straight up plastic fake tree in the corner of the room, tacky and a bit TT. :rolleyes:

Thank you Martha Stewart.

West20th utters under his breath........

Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Lots of seasonal decorations and stuff.

My mom has these 2 giant stuffed black bears in her foyer that she decorates with seasonal stuff from Michaels. Seriously. July 4th? Bears with flags in their little bear paws, red white and blue beads, little ice cream parlor hats. :blink: It's my mom, god love 'er.

Edit: with a tree, you can do a lot with colored ribbons and miniatures. In fact I've seen small, pre-decorated Easter trees up at Michaels--good for ideas.

There's a lady (assumed) over on Buffalo Spdwy in West U that has a topiary bear in the yard. She dresses the bear to suit the occasion/season. Across the street or a block or so over, there're people with one of those cows in their flower bed.

I think having a tree inside all year would get old fast.

Mabye, around Easter, just hide the Christmas Tree, in a closet or basement (if you have one). Hide it for three days, then bring it back.

Year round tree - Great Idea!

OK, that's a fantastic idea.

Archived