They're baaack: Shoulder pads resurface at New York Fashion Week

lockmat

http://www.khou.com/news/entertainment/sto...k.24eb7cc5.html

No way shoulder pads are coming back. I'd be shocked if they did. Lady HAIFers...you think you could be coaxed back into wearing them again? (or do you still already? ;) )

That and acid wash jeans.

I think like a year or two ago, I saw Beyonce trying to start the acid wash jeans trend again.

No thanks

It won't happen.

Hahaha, my first thought was Yay! shoulder pads--so now those little 125-pound boy-waifs with waxed eyebrows and tight t-shirts can embrace a new fashion that will at least give them the appearance of masculinity. ....

Bleh bleh bleh to shoulder pads. When I started working for a living it was the very end of 80s, back when women wore those horrid suits. No business casual, no casual friday, just awful blouses and jackets and those damn shoulders. As a female cursed with very broad shoulders, that is probably the single most unflattering look ever.

I'm convinced they were designed by the world's meanest person, to make ordinary women look like drag queens.

As a female cursed with very broad shoulders, that is probably the single most unflattering look ever.

I'm convinced they were designed by the world's meanest person, to make ordinary women look like drag queens.

For those of us that are too young to remember the horror of shoulder pads, perhaps some illustrations would be in order.

For those of us that are too young to remember the horror of shoulder pads, perhaps some illustrations would be in order.

Niche, I knew that eventually, I would have an occasion to say this you:

ask your mom.

You mean from Crunch? haha, I agree.

Nah, all photo-tastic evidence of me and my fashion mistakes are safely under lock and key. :D

Archived