CVS At I-10 & Gessner Rd.

NancyB

There will be another CVS built at the northeast corner of I-10 and Gessner. There is already one at

I-10 and Voss (?). I just wonder if they really need one there, as a lot of the same stuff they sell can be purchased for a lot less at Target across the freeway. I know Target is not nearly as convenient, but prices are pretty important these days. What do you all think of CVS in general as a place to shop?

When people get out of Memorial Hermann 2 blocks south, they will come to that complex, turn in their prescriptions and get a sandwich while their meds are being filled. Plus they will get all those little household stuff at CVS instead of making another trip to Target. I think.

I haven't shopped at a CVS ever since they built their massive parking lot lined eyesores in Midtown. Dispensing pills must be a high-margin business though.

QFT.

Want to see something scary? My company's invoice for one week of prescription drug claims for our employees and their dependents: $514,601.80. That's one week. Of only Rx claims. No medical.

:blink:

Awesome. Pretty soon select CVS locations will now have another CVS INSIDE them.

Actually this will be a welcome addition to the area, and a smart business move by CVS considering that it will be the only pharmacy somewhat connected to the medical center. Anyway, as bad as the North side of the freeway is, a CVS will do nothing but help it.

Will it be a standard CVS, or will one side be at least "Street Side"? Aren't they trying to densify that part of Memorial City?

You know companies like this don't give a S**t about making Houston dense. Look at the CVS they put in Midtown Houston parking all around, and look at the ones they put in Uptown Dallas and Midtown Atlanta, Urban. They don't care about Houston because there is no zoning and there are no people to tell them the way that it would best fit a neighborhood.

Walgreens, CVS, and Starbucks business model doesnt use the standard profit per store financial approach. Instead, they use a profit per customer concept. If building a store 1 mile away from an existing store, or across the street from a competitor brings in new customers, then it is worth building the store per their business model.

So even though you see stores so close together that it seems silly, according to their research, it allows them to bring in more customers.

• The title was changed to CVS At I-10 & Gessner Rd.

Archived