Cineplex Odeon Theater At 1450 W. Gray St.

Highway6

I don't see a judgement in that. Does it feel that way because I quoted your use of the term "punks"? Or do you feel insecure about enjoying films like "Underworld"? I'm not saying that's a bad film to like (I may watch it someday, and enjoy a lot of films that teenagers also enjoy) or that you're a bad person for liking it. I really thought that might be a reason we have had such different experiences at that theater.

What "central stair" are you talking about? The stairs outside the box office, between the two escalators?

Regardless... as I've stated before, the actual movie seen is of no consequence since the behaviors I as referring to are in the common areas.

Still though.. besides the occasional Angelika trip, Edwards Greenway is the only theater I've been to for the past 5 years. And around a year and ago, it started to turn downhill as far as loudness of teenagers, number of teenagers, and behavior of teenagers is concerned.

Yes.. central stairs between the escalators. Last half a dozen weekend trips I've made there will find 10-15 kids camping out and semi-blocking them.

You know, you really sound like one of those old men shaking his fist at the damn whippersnappers.

Why climb those stairs anyway? That's a huge staircase. Just use one of the escalators either right there or inside the theater. Here's the thing about teenagers: they love to hang out. Malls, movie theaters, wherever.

Scary. Perhaps you're right that I'm just getting old.

Here's the thing about teenagers. I know they love to hang out. Here's the thing about my point. They didnt love to hang out out Edwards up until 1-2 years ago. It was utopian by todays mainstream theater standards. And while its still a far cry better than the Dunvale 30 and Edwards marquee that truly do have thug problems... It is slipping.

Edited by Highway6

Highway6, perhaps you should go to movies on like a Tuesday night? Usually weeknights Edwards 24 is pretty quiet, no long lines at the box office, lots of options for seating. Its the Weekend nights, especially when new movies are opening when the place is packed and teenagers are hanging out there...

It probably wasn't like you say it is now, 3 years ago, because then Harlow's wasn't open. Teens, and all people alike have a place to eat, play a wider selection of arcade games, shoot some pool and then trek over to Marble Slab for some ice cream... all that in addition to simply watching a movie.

But again, they're teenagers... where are they going to hang out? Home, movies and the mall... and that's about all the choice they have, beyond that they're just going to get in trouble.

Personally, I don't like a theater when its dead, just seems boring, but I don't like it when it's too hyped up either... can't get around as easy and no seats left! I like the happy medium.

Does anyone remember if Cineplex Odeon was packed often? I remember the lines for Independence Day went around the block... but as I said in my last post I waited till weeks after to see it after the hype died down... actually every movie I saw at Odeon was a matinee, cause daytime was safer (at least from a parent's point-of-view), tix were cheaper and I was poor, lol.

Edited by Geoff8201

• 6 months later...

Found this:

iqyivn.jpg

Woo hoo, there it is in all of its 1980s glory! What is the skyscraper left rear?

I never much liked that theater though. The ticket windows faced outside, so you had to queue in the heat or rain, and the interior seemed kind of dour. I remember thinking that the food was way overpriced, even by movie theater standards which is saying something.

• The title was changed to Cineplex Odeon Theater At 1450 W. Gray St.