My offensive avatars

editor

Hard core Roman Catholic here, and not offended by them. I didn't ask the religions of the people who brought it to my attention.

Course, I've never seen the show, so who am I to judge. Unfortunately, many people don't follow this philosophy. Most of the people who claim Huckleberry Finn is rascist have never actually read it.

Considering someone on here once complained to me about "pretending" to be an old local television personality based solely on an avatar, yet didn't bother to check out my profile (with my birthdate) or some of my previous posts (some of which refer to growing up in more recent times) before whining... I wouldn't put it past anyone to be overly sensitive.

Onto more important topics, as someone who does enjoy britcoms, I'm kinda surprised I still haven't seen any of the series of Father Ted yet. Maybe I should break down and buy one of the DVD sets sometime.

Course, I've never seen the show, so who am I to judge. Unfortunately, many people don't follow this philosophy. Most of the people who claim Huckleberry Finn is rascist have never actually read it.

What a coincidence! I just happen to be reading Huckleberry Finn now! I guess I'm all kinds of offensive these days.

I've actually grown tired of the Father Ted stuff. I think I'm going to try to find a cat for my avatar.

What a coincidence! I just happen to be reading Huckleberry Finn now! I guess I'm all kinds of offensive these days.

I've actually grown tired of the Father Ted stuff. I think I'm going to try to find a cat for my avatar.

How can you get tired of Father Ted stuff? Especially Father Jack? "I'm a happy camper!"

Is my cat offensive? :huh:

How can you get tired of Father Ted stuff? Especially Father Jack? "I'm a happy camper!"

Is my cat offensive? :huh:

Only to other cats.

Since I don't have a cat of my own I'll have to check my photo archive. I know I have some in there.

I just realized that the astonished Father guy/actor is the same one that played that silly Super Hero on the other Brit sitcom! He seemed to be more Irish or Scottish compared to the rest of the Brit cast. Perhaps we should do an IMDB search to see what other shows he appeared in? :o

He always seemed to have that bewildered look whenever in a fix the audience reaction would be a chuckle or two or perhaps a Laugh Track? He is some what funny I guess.

There always has been a rumor that Americans just "don't get" British humor right? So legend has it old chaps.

Update: Hey! I was right!

See below synopsis of the My Hero TV show, it will kill ya!

On the surface George Sunday (Ardal O'Hanlon) appears to be a mild-mannered Irishman who runs a health shop but in reality, he is Thermoman, an leotard-wearing superhero who hails from the planet Ultron. When he rescues nurse Janet Dawkins (Emily Joyce), he is so taken by her he moves to England to be nearer to her and the pair fall in love. The comedy of the series is mainly based on George's attempts to come to grips with everyday life and combining a dual career as a superhero and a slightly odd earthling.

Make no bones about it, the premise of the series is very very silly but the excellent cast carry it off. Ardal O'Hanlon (better known as the dim-witted Fr Dougal Maguire in Fr Ted) is lovable as George and Emily Joyce is suitably droll as his girlfriend. The cast is rounded out by some other good characters - especially Mrs Raven the sharp-tongued doctor's receptionist who abuses all comers to the surgery and Dr Piers Crispin, the clinic's doctor who's more concerned about his career on breakfast television.

Leave your brain behind and just enjoy the ride. :lol:

I saw a few episodes of My Hero, but it was so awful I stopped watching. It's cute for the first couple of episodes, but then it's the same gag over and over again. It lacks the depth of Father Jack plunging off a cliff in his wheelchair.

I bet when interviewed he denies ever being part of that show. :lol:

Can't blame em ya know. If you get a chance to see his profile in IMDB see what he says about the costume/tights. Especially how he couldnt see a thing when filming interior scenes. He had to rely on the "dark images" in front of him, etc. A riot.

The opening scenes of the show were something Ed Wood would be proud of and the music...Oh my God. Maalox anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived