Park Laureate: Office Building At 10000 Memorial Dr.

editor

The Harris County Medical Examiner sent over another flyer for another unknown dead person. This one looks like a teen-ager. If you know who he is, give the police a call.

(Note -- there's a picture of the dead guy in the flyer, so if you're squeamish about seeing dead people, don't open the attachment.)

ML08_4173.pdf

(Note -- there's a picture of the dead guy in the flyer, so if you're squeamish about seeing dead people, don't open the attachment.)

ML08_4173.pdf

That's good because when I saw the title I thought surely you wouldn't post a picture of a dead person. I clicked on it and was looking out of the corner of my eye until I saw that it was all clear.

I could tell a story about seeing half a torso being pulled out of the Big Ugly river from back when I was a reporter (hint: don't pull by the arms), but I'll keep the gory details to myself.

Why yes you did, in fact. You described it as being a well cooked chicken being pulled apart. Yummy in my tummy! Thanks for the reminder.

I've looked at a few over the years.

Me too ... worked for DC Metropolitan Police for a bit. Man, some of the photos I've seen make this look like a Disney rendering.

Sorry I don't have anything subjective to add to the investigation, but feel even more sorry for this person's family and friends (and all the family and friends of others who are victims of crimes).

The body has been identified.

The obituary for William Bracken. Had it not been for the picture, I would not have noticed it.

Not to sound too morose about this, but there have been a lot of news stories about kids dying around here lately, and it's sort of bugged me. Perhaps, because it particularly poignant when families have to bury a child at the Holidays. There's my bit of cheer for this foggy morning. Aplologies.

Edited by Porchman

• 3 weeks later...

Re: William Bracken, age 16

Quote:

"Police are still investigating the case, but say the boy may have jumped off a five story parking garage. However, they are not calling it a suicide.

At this point they are not ruling out anything, and neither is the medical examiner's office.

"The cause and manner of death is pending further investigation. At this time, we really don't have a clear picture of what happened at the time of death..."

Source: Texas Cable News

Maybe a bicycle stunt gone bad?

Interesting, that's a dead-end with fenced off businesses. I wonder if he was fleeing someone.

Perhaps he was dumped there, seeing as how it is a dead-end and fenced off around businesses that would be closed, depending on what time the body there.

• 2 months later...
The Harris County Medical Examiner sent over another flyer for another unknown dead person. This one looks like a teen-ager. If you know who he is, give the police a call.

ML08_4173.pdf

<H2 class=vitstoryheadline>Family has identified dead teenager </H2>

<H5 class=vitstorydate>03:04 PM CST on Wednesday, December 31, 2008</H5>

KHOU.com staff report

HOUSTON -- The teenager who was found dead by the Park Laureate building has been identified by the family as 16-year-old William Bracken.

M_IMAGE.11e68cf965d.93.88.fa.d0.260c9af3.jpg 11 News

Police say the teen may have jumped from the parking garage.

Police and forensic anthropologists spent the last two days looking for the boy's identity after he was found by someone walking past the building on Sunday.

Police are still investigating the case, but say the boy may have jumped off a five story parking garage. However, they are not calling it a suicide.

At this point they are not ruling out anything, and neither is the medical examiner's office.

"The cause and manner of death is pending further investigation. At this time, we really don't have a clear picture of what happened at the time of death," said Dr. Erin Love, Harris County Medical Examiner's Office.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Park Laureate: Office Building In Tanglewood At 10000 Memorial Dr.
  • The title was changed to Park Laureate: Office Building At 10000 Memorial Dr.