Houston Comets history

musicman

no surprise really. les knew after they won those championships, that it was the end of the road for the comets. he was a smart business man selling the team when attendance fell. chancellor felt the same way and bailed out quick afterwards.looks like hilton will have to sell more furniture to pay for his loss. didn't he buy the team for 10 million?

the NBA is a very short sighted league with fools for management and owners for the most part and criminals and fools all over the court...I would not be surprised to see it fail soon and they have wasted tons of opportunity

I wouldn't miss the NBA, and I can't say I ever watched a WNBA game.

They couldn't like, decide to keep Houston history and stuff here, so just in case a miracle happens in the WNBA gets back on its feet, we can get a new team?

They are a few links here and there, mostly about the draft.

To me, the only thing more surprising than the Comets going under, is that the WNBA has survived as long as it has. After 12 years, the league has yet to make a profit. The WNBA is subsidized by the NBA 12 million dollars a year to cover their losses. That's bad business, particularly in this current economy.

Five teams have already folded. It's painfully obvious, given the lack of profits and the lack of any coverage, the interest just isn't there for it. How much longer are they going to bleed money?

To me, the only thing more surprising than the Comets going under, is that the WNBA has survived as long as it has. After 12 years, the league has yet to make a profit. The WNBA is subsidized by the NBA 12 million dollars a year to cover their losses. That's bad business, particularly in this current economy.

Five teams have already folded. It's painfully obvious, given the lack of profits and the lack of any coverage, the interest just isn't there for it. How much longer are they going to bleed money?

If the WNBA would lower the basket by a foot and a half, then there would be butts in seats to see the girls DUNK IT !!! I am with you Secondtour. How the WNBA has lasted this long is beyond me.

Macbro, Mattress Mac is too busy losing money with his Westside Tennis mumbo jumbo to risk losing even more with a WNBA. Oh Wait, you mean Hilton, The FACT guy, my bad. I believe Leslie Alexander owned the Comets.

• The title was changed to Houston Comets history

Archived