Gold Diggers Cabaret At 11305 South Main St.

PureAuteur

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6138348.html

This is the second downtown shooting in two nights, and this is the reason I stopped going to clubs downtown a while back. Downtown needs to do something to stop attracting these types of people who carry guns in their pockets with them to the clubs and are willing to shoot someone over a stupid argument right there in the middle of Main St.

I had heard that downtown was trying to become less club oriented in the past couple years in order to attract more residents and keep the current ones from leaving, and also to make the nightlife safer around Main St.

Anyone know if downtown is still trying to make progress toward this end or has it become a lost cause?

This is the second downtown shooting in two nights, and this is the reason I stopped going to clubs downtown a while back. Downtown needs to do something to stop attracting these types of people who carry guns in their pockets with them to the clubs and are willing to shoot someone over a stupid argument right there in the middle of Main St.

I had heard that downtown was trying to become less club oriented in the past couple years in order to attract more residents and keep the current ones from leaving, and also to make the nightlife safer around Main St.

Anyone know if downtown is still trying to make progress toward this end or has it become a lost cause?

Whew ! For a second there I thought the story was about Plaxico Burress. :blink::D

This shooting did not occur downtown. Read the article again, it happened at 11000 Main St, which is just outside the loop.

This shooting did not occur downtown. Read the article again, it happened at 11000 Main St, which is just outside the loop.

I guess I just assumed it was downtown since it said both "Main St" and "night club". I guess we should move this thread to a different neighborhood, but I'm not sure which that would be.

I guess I just assumed it was downtown since it said both "Main St" and "night club". I guess we should move this thread to a different neighborhood, but I'm not sure which that would be.

With all due respect, you should take advantage of your higher education and properly read an article before making wild accusations.

Wars have started that way,PA.

Incorrect location aside, even if this were in downtown, I hope you'd rethink your position on not visiting downtown clubs (if you are a club goer, or bar hopper even) based on an incredibly slim risk of an unfortunate meet up with someone intoxicated who confuses their pride with their pistol. The occurrence of this is on a case by case basis and not an epidemic, so go out and enjoy yourself.

If you wanted a 0% chance of not running across some idiot don't bother even leaving the house. They're everywhere, especially on the roads :P

• The title was changed to Shooting At 11305 South Main St.
  • The title was changed to Gold Diggers Cabaret At 11305 South Main St.

Archived