Ike: Cleanup and Recovery

editor

I got this note yesterday at 1:48pm from Harris County Homeland Security:

I wonder which station was at fault.

I understand the people that showed up said they heard it on The Box 97.9, but the station denies ever saying that. Once the rumor got started, it was spread mostly by text messages, and the grapevine. There were a lot of pissed off people down there at 5 AM.

Lot's of Video and Audio, and huge picture files. My wife's new Sony k350 takes a 4-5 meg picture. And the HD Video camera eats up space so so fast. Only 2 TB is dedicated to my business, some of my CAD files get pretty large. I am replace a 2TB backup that is already full after 2 years. Tired of upgrading so quickly. The wife takes a lot of pictures, but I guess that's what photographers do right? HD videos of peoples weddings get huge real quick, Shooting in 1080i eats up gigs quickly. Long Weddings/Receptions can take up 500 gigs pre editing.

Guess they missed the News coverage this morning at George R Brown, with a bunch of screaming locals with their hand out wanting their $500.00 voucher, that was solely instigated by a rumor. I did find it alarming that all these people think they automatically had this coming none the less. It's not enough that people are working night and day to get help to those who can't help themselves because of physical limitation, but these people that refuse to help themselves, because they'd rather have a free ride in life, seem to get irate when they don't get what they want. The Red Cross, Salvation Army, and local food banks are empting their cofers, and vendors the H.E.B. and Kroger ( actually they are out of Cincinnati, Ohio), that are based here in Texas are donating millions to help the people of their home state. They don't have to do that. People need to think the world owes them a living.

My bad I derailed that one didn't I?

Some people are just "gimme gimme gimme!!". <_<

Lot's of Video and Audio, and huge picture files. My wife's new Sony k350 takes a 4-5 meg picture. And the HD Video camera eats up space so so fast. Only 2 TB is dedicated to my business, some of my CAD files get pretty large. I am replace a 2TB backup that is already full after 2 years. Tired of upgrading so quickly. The wife takes a lot of pictures, but I guess that's what photographers do right? HD videos of peoples weddings get huge real quick, Shooting in 1080i eats up gigs quickly. Long Weddings/Receptions can take up 500 gigs pre editing.

My gawd! That is a lot of stuff. Well, hope it's backed up (or will be).

That is a thing of beauty. Where'd you get that case?

100% Home Made... Metal Broke on a TrimMaster II drilled and riveted inner skeleton, Casters off of a broken Wal-Mart Office Chair all the OEM components are from Frys.com and Harwin Road.

My gawd! That is a lot of stuff. Well, hope it's backed up (or will be).

That's about half my problem, the wife has backups of backups. It's an OCD thing with her. I am constantly weeding through her crap trying to get rig of so many dupes

OH MY FRIGGIN" GOD WE JUST GOT POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

100% Home Made... Metal Broke on a TrimMaster II drilled and riveted inner skeleton, Casters off of a broken Wal-Mart Office Chair all the OEM components are from Frys.com and Harwin Road.

Wow. You rule!

OH MY FRIGGIN" GOD WE JUST GOT POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn. You suck!

Seriously, that's a fantastic looking case. Are you going to fill it with cold cathode tubes to make it go faster?

Some people are just "gimme gimme gimme!!". <_<

Yeah those people piss me off. The ones who complain that their handouts aren't coming fast enough, and who think FEMA or the government should put them in a hotel because they choose to live in a hurricane prone area yet refuse to prepare for one. Love those people. I know way too many of them. Discourages good volunteers, too.

Yeah those people piss me off. The ones who complain that their handouts aren't coming fast enough, and who think FEMA or the government should put them in a hotel because they choose to live in a hurricane prone area yet refuse to prepare for one. Love those people. I know way too many of them. Discourages good volunteers, too.

Call me stupid or just uninformed, but I had no idea so many people actually LIVED on Galveston Island. I always just thought it was a commuter locale for those who work at UTMB or wealthy folks with 2nd homes.

NEWS FLASH..... We have lights on Montgomery, I am what is known as the 834 grid, and it is back up. So is Walden, April Sound, and from the sound if it Dobbin has power too. The 2 Meter band is lit up with Chatter, folks are back on line.

Been a tough one this time.

I have this on order and will be installed, with a 500 propane tank in a couple of weeks.

0069647105263_L4.jpg

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....amp;item=340457

Never again will we go through this crap again.

let's just hope more power crews get here. i've seen more UPS trucks than centerpoint ones. i'm sure i'll need another set of brakes VERY soon with the stop and go'in at intersections.

UPS and Centerpoint are in different spheres right now.

On traffic lights, I ran the whole stretch of the between 288 and Cullen on 518 Saturday night looking for a pain medication for my wife. It was on my way back that I realized my folly.

I am IN NO WAY endorsing these people, I just came across the site so I thought I would pass it along.

http://www.hurricaneikerepairs.com/

I'd worry about any company that is so opportunistic as to register a domain like that. But that's just me. Here's the registration information:

Elmer Hadjinksi

PO Box

Alief, Texas 77411

United States

The "About us" page has the following in bold:

ACME Roofing is insured and bonded by AIG Insurance

No worries, then! :D

Archived