College Football 2008-09

lockmat

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woohoo!! My LSU Tigers took it to Auburn! We never win there, and this was a tough one. I didn't think we'd pull it off, but Jarrett Lee shook off a horrible start to make some awesome throws. Maybe we finally found our QB.

A&M is in a bad place right now. I can't believe Franchione ever thought going there from Bama was a good idea. So dumb.

I believe there is much more to the Fram to TAMU than many will ever know

I am 100% positive that bama was not up front with Fran bout the extent and the depth of the cheating that was going on there and if Fran had stayed there much more would have come out and it would have killed their program.....while bama did drag Fran through the mud somewhat after he left, they could have done a great deal more and probably could have gone after him legally.....but they 100% knew they were not up front with him....they 100% knew there was much more that would have and could have come out if he had stayed (even if Fran aided them and tried to cover it up)..... and they knew Fran leaving would be the perfect way for the NCAA to turn a blind eye and look the other way and move on from all that was going on at bama before and during Frans time there.....you really think Fran came up with the "insider news letter" at TAMU....or perhaps he learned that trick while at bama and bama was not wanting even that to come out

Yeah the refs pretty much won it for them v. the Sooners, but this one seemed pretty legit.

Calls went both ways. OU had a touchdown thats was not a touchdown. OU played hard but Texas came out in the 2nd half ready for what OU was going to throw at them.

BCS put out top 25. Its ok, I think USC is too High and there are some non BCS Teams that have pretty high rankings for beating no one speical.

My Top 12

1.Texas

2.Alabama

3.Penn St.

4.Oklahoma

5. Oklahoma St.

6.Florida

7.USC

8.Texas Tech

9.Georgia

10. Ohio St.

11. Boise. St.

12. Utah

BCS Top 12

1. Texas

2.Alabama

3.Penn St.

4. Oklahoma

5.USC

6.Oklahoma St.

7.Georgia

8. Texas Tech

9. Ohio St.

10. Florida

11. Utah

12.Boise St.

My poor Aggies have some real issues to work out. But if UT makes it through the next 4 in their schedule, you best start polishing up the trophy. Mack has it firing on all eight, right now, better than the Vinnie era. They are going to be tough to beat.

It will take the Aggies a few years to get out of the rut they're in. They still have players from the Franchione era.

And the interception that wasn't!

Not to get into a lengthy discussion on the play (as I have on other boards), lets just say the play was reviewed by the official committee after the game and the call was upheld. The hits on McCoy were ticky-tacky, as was the roughing the punter call against UT, which was basically a turnover. So that offsets the "interception that wasn't"...

Now lets get to the holding/tackling of Orakpo on nearly every down by Loadholt, and the screen passes that were nearly the entire OU offense in the second half where linemen were illegally downfield every time. They even broke down the screens on ESPN postgame showing how the linemen were 10 yards downfield when the ball is thrown past the line of scrimmage...

Regardless, the Horns looked really good against Mizzou. Still lots of football left, but if they can keep from reading about how great they are and maintain focus (these are 18-22 yo kids we are talking about here) I don't think there is anyone on their remaining schedule that SHOULD beat them. Kudos to Mack and all the coaches for a great job on the year so far...keep it up, and Hook 'em!!!

Edit:::Going to Lubbock still scares me, wierd things happen up there...Also, a rematch against Mizzou in the title game if we make it won't be fun. At Kansas can also be really tough...Okie St. is still top ten but at least it is at home...we just have such a tough schedule it really tempers your excitement...

Not to get into a lengthy discussion on the play (as I have on other boards), lets just say the play was reviewed by the official committee after the game and the call was upheld.

Hah...as if they would willingly admit to brazenly interfering with the outcome of the game.

Don't worry, I don't mean to impugn your 'Horns. They are still a good team.

I don't think the Longhorns will go undefeated. The schedule is just too tough. It would be nice to see them play USC again in the national championship though.

I think their most difficult opponent is OSU. I'm not too worried about tech. UT has a better defense than the rest of their remaining opponents and their offense is just as good, which in a perfect world means an undefeated regular season. But they play the games for a reason

And the interception that wasn't!

That's because by NCAA rules and NFL rules, it wasn't. The ball came out when he hit the ground. The ground can't cause a fumble but it can cause an incompletion. Very similar play to the Drew Kelson interception that wasn't in the national championship game in 2006. Once he hit the ground, the ball came out and USC retained possession and thus went down the field and kicked a field goal before the half. So in retrospect for Texas/OU, it was the correct call. Crazy rule. But that's the rules stated by NCAA.

I know this is kinda random.... and I haven't posted anything on this forum in some weeks.... but, GO FROGS!!!

TCU is ranked #14 in the BCS and #15 in the nation. Not that great, and it is suprising, even to Horned Frog fans, but good job.

TCU, the only good college football team in North Texas. :lol:

Also, to keep it in the southeast side of the state, I'd like to give BIG UPS to my school, Prairie View A&M. 6-1 for the first time in FOREVER!

That's because by NCAA rules and NFL rules, it wasn't. The ball came out when he hit the ground.

I remember thinking that it looked to me like he caught it, went down for the touchback, and then sort of tossed it up in celebration. Either way what troubled me the most was the fact that the refs didn't review it immediately. It just looked really bad from the point of view of a non-partial observer.

Also, to keep it in the southeast side of the state, I'd like to give BIG UPS to my school, Prairie View A&M. 6-1 for the first time in FOREVER!

Dang, that's great! They must be on cloud nine, huh? Didn't they have the longest losing streak going in the nation a couple years ago?

I tell you what. I have some "Hometown" refs during my playing days. But this is ridiculous.

This jackass should be banned for life.

Yeah that was awesome. Wrong, but funny. I'm an LSU guy and it shouldn't have happened, but they scored on the drive anyway. I honestly think he had flashbacks from his linebacker days, there's no way a ref tries to cheat in such an obvious manner. Much easier to get away with bad calls than tackling people.

I think their most difficult opponent is OSU. I'm not too worried about tech. UT has a better defense than the rest of their remaining opponents and their offense is just as good, which in a perfect world means an undefeated regular season. But they play the games for a reason

Exactly, UT "should" beat everyone left, but USC "should" beat everyone in the PAC 10 by 28 every year, but it doesn't happen. I am glad you are not worried about Tech, because I sure am. Should be a great game and great weather this weekend. All these big games right in a row are putting a strain on my psyche, it is a lot of stress for a die hard fan...but a lot of fun too, Go Horns!

I think now Penn State will be playing in the national championship. I don't see UT or Alabama going undefeated considering their schedule as well as playing in conference championships. With their weak schedule, Penn State will go undefeated.

???????????? They just have one real test left. The the other three should be no issue. It looks like Missouri for the Big 12 playoff unless they stumble, which is doubtful.

Texas just passed a huge test with OSU, if they can clear Tech, I don't see the Bears or Aggies giving them any trouble and the Jayhawks just got blistered by Tech 63-21, and it wasn't really even that close. Harrell was 34 of 42 for 386 yds. 5 TD' and 0 INT's. and set out the forth quarter, and even the BU QB Pots threw a TD pass. Tech will be their toughest game. They are playing in Lubbuck and TT plays UT like it's the last game of their lives everytime. If the Horns beat the Red Raiders, they are in, tune in next week............

???????????? They just have one real test left. The the other three should be no issue. It looks like Missouri for the Big 12 playoff unless they stumble, which is doubtful.

Texas just passed a huge test with OSU, if they can clear Tech, I don't see the Bears or Aggies giving them any trouble and the Jayhawks just got blistered by Tech 63-21, and it wasn't really even that close. Harrell was 34 of 42 for 386 yds. 5 TD' and 0 INT's. and set out the forth quarter, and even the BU QB Pots threw a TD pass. Tech will be their toughest game. They are playing in Lubbuck and TT plays UT like it's the last game of their lives everytime. If the Horns beat the Red Raiders, they are in, tune in next week............

Yes, TT is the toughest, but they have to go to Kansas also. Kansas isn't strong as in previous years, but they're playing on the road. Also, you can throw out records when UT plays A&M. Playing Missouri again isn't going to be easy.

Dang, that's great! They must be on cloud nine, huh? Didn't they have the longest losing streak going in the nation a couple years ago?

I believe so. Even when my mom was going here, they were loosing, and that was exactly 20 years ago.

And the only loss we had WOULD come to Gramblin'..... Oh well. The important thing is PV is well over .500.

It will take the Aggies a few years to get out of the rut they're in. They still have players from the Franchione era.

Fran had top 25 and higher (way higher) recruiting classes every year so if TAMU is waiting to get rid of those players they will be in a world of hurt because sherman sucks and he won't get it done ever especially with his own recruits

the problem at TAMU is the same as the problem at Nebraska, Miami, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Alabama, and several other schools....idiot fans that don't realize that in the newer tougher conferences running over other teams is not a given.....so after a year or two of 8-4 or 9-3 they turn on the coach and every year from then on out is nothing but talk about when he will be finally fired....the recruits pick up on this and the last few they need to get over the top go somewhere else

Look at LSU and Texas.......if Texas had not won it all in 2005 the fire Mack Brown talk would be in a frenzy and same with lester at LSU before he finally got it done....but once they get it done they are on a gravy train because those last few recruits do come there and the other schools get stuck in the rut of never ending 4 year coaches.....I am hoping Saban fails some time this season because if he does the frenzy will start sooner at bama than any where and the 4 million saleries will be a thing of the past for most schools

the fine line between winning it all and 9-3 is very thin and stupid fans that can't accept that help push it even further towards 7-5 and 6-6 and another coaching change

also todays players care nothing about "tradition" they care about "new and bling" even if new and bling is crap compared to what the traditional schools have....this is how schools with new 35,000 seat stadiums made out of aluminum that are throw away crap can recruit kids over old schools with 90+ thousand concrete stadiums that will still be there in another 100+ years.....because the aluminum stadium is "new" and hot shot can be the "legend" at his program instead of being talked about with all those old "has beens".....unfortunately they are only a "legend" for the two years their school goes 9-3 before getting back to the usual 6-6 and fading off the map for a few more decades....and "hot shot" lands hard in the real world when he misses out on the pros and his schools alumni base is no where to be found for a real job offer....but such is life in the world of short sighted college sports today

Fran had top 25 and higher (way higher) recruiting classes every year so if TAMU is waiting to get rid of those players they will be in a world of hurt because sherman sucks and he won't get it done ever especially with his own recruits

the problem at TAMU is the same as the problem at Nebraska, Miami, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Alabama, and several other schools....idiot fans that don't realize that in the newer tougher conferences running over other teams is not a given.....so after a year or two of 8-4 or 9-3 they turn on the coach and every year from then on out is nothing but talk about when he will be finally fired....the recruits pick up on this and the last few they need to get over the top go somewhere else

Look at LSU and Texas.......if Texas had not won it all in 2005 the fire Mack Brown talk would be in a frenzy and same with lester at LSU before he finally got it done....but once they get it done they are on a gravy train because those last few recruits do come there and the other schools get stuck in the rut of never ending 4 year coaches.....I am hoping Saban fails some time this season because if he does the frenzy will start sooner at bama than any where and the 4 million saleries will be a thing of the past for most schools

the fine line between winning it all and 9-3 is very thin and stupid fans that can't accept that help push it even further towards 7-5 and 6-6 and another coaching change

also todays players care nothing about "tradition" they care about "new and bling" even if new and bling is crap compared to what the traditional schools have....this is how schools with new 35,000 seat stadiums made out of aluminum that are throw away crap can recruit kids over old schools with 90+ thousand concrete stadiums that will still be there in another 100+ years.....because the aluminum stadium is "new" and hot shot can be the "legend" at his program instead of being talked about with all those old "has beens".....unfortunately they are only a "legend" for the two years their school goes 9-3 before getting back to the usual 6-6 and fading off the map for a few more decades....and "hot shot" lands hard in the real world when he misses out on the pros and his schools alumni base is no where to be found for a real job offer....but such is life in the world of short sighted college sports today

I'm with you on a national championship buying you some amnesty. But some schools have a very short term memory, my LSU being one of them. If Les goes 8-4 this year and the next 2, I bet he is gone. There are already websites about firing, him, but then again there will always be stupid fans.

One thing about Saban is he hasn't earned anything AT bama. They could care less that he won one at LSU, if he doesn't win an SEC championship this year or next, he will be gone. Bama takes the cake for delusional, ridiculous expectation fans. That used to be Notre Dame, but somehow Charlie Weis has gotten a pass. All he's done is take a 10-2 team that was given to him and turn them into a joke. Honestly I think they've been a joke for as long as their bowl losing streak runs (12 bowl games, 14 years I think?).

My heart is borken!!!! An interception away from the title game and it was droped -_- . Then eight seconds away from title game and you got taken to school by Crabtree <_< . What a comeback it would have been :( .

If Texas falls below USC and Florida in the BCS I am going to be more pissed than I am right now!!!

Archived