Wreck In The Box

That has to be what they're doing. You can't possibly say the place was lacking for business. I've seen cars stacked six deep at the drive thru even late at night.

I think I agree with this. That building was woefully old. Seems that this is the trend lately with some of the fast food joints in the East End.

McDs, Burger King, Whataburger on Harrisburg all had older buildings torn down in place of newer ones.

Looks like a permit was sold back in June for a new Jack in the Box:

Project No: 08049178

Date : 2008/06/20

USE : NEW RESTAURANT 1-1-5-A2-B 2003 IBC

Owner/Occupant : *JACK IN THE BOX #604

Job Address : 801 TELEPHONE RD 77023

Valuation : $ 250,000

Permit Type : PX

FCC Group : Stores & Other Merchantile Bld

Buyer : *JACK IN THE BOX #604

Address : 801 TELEPHONE RD

Phone : 713-803-2351

Barf in the Box for the next 20 plus yrs, we are cursed. On a brighter note, maybe they will see what a nice state of the art Burger King they recently built nearby and cc it. Computers and spacious setting. :P

We will see after that rooting tootin pesky Ike passes by.

New name could be Juan in The Box? lol

Barf in the Box for the next 20 plus yrs, we are cursed. On a brighter note, maybe they will see what a nice state of the art Burger King they recently built nearby and cc it. Computers and spacious setting. :P

We will see after that rooting tootin pesky Ike passes by.

New name could be Juan in The Box? lol

Free Wifi!! (crosses fingers)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
yeah, it BETTER have free wifi... fast food restaurants are running out of excuses to stay open without it. Ooh, a 24hr wifi lounge would be sweet

Well, unfortunately, this new one is hardly any different than the old one. -_-

However, its great that the managers are on the ball as far as making sure the staff is professional. Hope it lasts. Maybe my wearing a suit when I walked in created the stir? I any case, its Ok and still an improvement.

Lets hope the Burger King @ 45/Wayside is as great as the other new ones with Internet room, etc.? Cross fingers.

Well, unfortunately, this new one is hardly any different than the old one. -_-

However, its great that the managers are on the ball as far as making sure the staff is professional. Hope it lasts. Maybe my wearing a suit when I walked in created the stir? I any case, its Ok and still an improvement.

Lets hope the Burger King @ 45/Wayside is as great as the other new ones with Internet room, etc.? Cross fingers.

Anyone like the chic new logo? My GF, who's a Graphic Designer, hates it...lol

jitbnewlogo.jpg

Anyone like the chic new logo? My GF, who's a Graphic Designer, hates it...lol

jitbnewlogo.jpg

I like the retro look to it, but the Jack is, ummm, a bit too prominent. I am curious what she finds offensive about it...being in the trade, she probably has some definite reasons that the average Joe misses.

I like the retro look to the logo, but the old clown I grew up with is missing. I don't like that newer weird clown on a human body. Do they still make secret sauce?

NenaE... I think the sekrit sauce was from McD...

That being said... I always order my JITB tacos with NO LETTUCE. That way they are forced to make them fresh instead of giving me the ready made salmonella.

NenaE... I think the sekrit sauce was from McD...

That being said... I always order my JITB tacos with NO LETTUCE. That way they are forced to make them fresh instead of giving me the ready made salmonella.

You eat Jack in the Box tacos!? How? I tried them once, and it may as well have been oily cat food in the tortilla. It was disgusting.

This is Houston. We have taco trucks that prepare tasty pockets of greasy goodness using identifiable cuts of meat, no less. Use them.

You eat Jack in the Box tacos!? How? I tried them once, and it may as well have been oily cat food in the tortilla. It was disgusting.

This is Houston. We have taco trucks that prepare tasty pockets of greasy goodness using identifiable cuts of meat, no less. Use them.

Yes, I know... but by then, I'm usually too drunk to get out of the car, and stand around... I prefer to sit in the car. :)

I like the retro look to the logo, but the old clown I grew up with is missing. I don't like that newer weird clown on a human body. Do they still make secret sauce?

There is a new one being built in newer Pasadena with same new logo. It doesnt have "punch". <_<

and yes, that human body with round ball head has become trite & mundane. It has run its course, latest ads have him or "it" in a coma in a hospital, pretty tasteless advertising. Just very unfunny. Why is he married to a human looking woman, etc? Scary. What do the neighbors say? lol :rolleyes:

• The title was changed to Wreck In The Box

Archived