Something Other HAIFers Would Be Surprised to Learn About You

sheeats

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That I can sew as well as any seamstress. Learned to sew from my grandmother, wife can't sew a lick. Made many a Halloween and theater costumes, for my kids when they were growing up. And believe it or not I actually enjoy doing it, kinda therapeutic.

Thats pretty interesting. There is nothing unmanly about knowing how to stich 1 2 3. I personally can't but many years ago most people had no choice. Consider another great talent and feather to tuck under that hat.

On a separate note some of the people on this forum appear much, much younger in person than they posted of their age comments/profile. Thats good of course. Maybe a little glass of vino every now and then does the body good. :D

I watch cheesy Mexican telenovelas and the cheesiest of them all, action-packed adventure series El Pantera ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVUCMLY_m_s )

and it looks like they either cancelled or moved Passion? :o or El Passion, remember you had a topic of telenovela's?

had a huge cast, period costume, etc....

Thats pretty interesting. There is nothing unmanly about knowing how to stich 1 2 3. I personally can't but many years ago most people had no choice. Consider another great talent and feather to tuck under that hat.

On a separate note some of the people on this forum appear much, much younger in person than they posted of their age comments/profile. Thats good of course. Maybe a little glass of vino every now and then does the body good. :D

and it looks like they either cancelled or moved Passion? :o or El Passion, remember you had a topic of telenovela's?

had a huge cast, period costume, etc....

Yes, Passion ended actually. My partner told me that unlike American soaps, telenovelas actually end at some point.

Yes, Passion ended actually. My partner told me that unlike American soaps, telenovelas actually end at some point.

I guess you can only cry so much.

It still cracks me up to see the families always in a very large elegant Dynasty-like mansion complete with chandeliers, wide spiral staircases and arguing about petty jealousies, infidelity, etc.

The men are always in suit & tie, women in heavy jewelry and look major gorgeous. Yep , its the real world. ^_^

and the maid knows all of course

I guess you can only cry so much.

It still cracks me up to see the families always in a very large elegant Dynasty-like mansion complete with chandeliers, wide spiral staircases and arguing about petty jealousies, infidelity, etc.

The men are always in suit & tie, women in heavy jewelry and look major gorgeous. Yep , its the real world. ^_^

and the maid knows all of course

On Al Diablo con los Guapos I think the maid (Milagro) got married to one of the uber rich men (of the house). LOL

She still cries at the drop of a hat however.

Comparison with soap operas

[edit] Technical differences

The standard American, UK, or Australian soap opera is invariably designed to theoretically continue indefinitely, and indeed sometimes do endure for decades, with an ever-rotating cast of players and characters.

However, most Latin American telenovelas have an average run of six months up to a year. The show's duration is pre-planned at the show's inception, with the overall story-arc and conclusion also known by the show's makers at its inception. Mundo de Juguete is one exception to the rule, with a total of 605 chapters (1974

Archived