Recipes, Please

editor

Macbro, have you made that dessert yet ? I think I am gonna make a batch this weekend.

Funny you asked. I made it the other night. It was very .. sweet. Not sure if it was the fruit or the cake mix (I think it was just a regular yellow cake mix).

I like less-sweet desserts, but my partner ate it up. In fact, he wants another one.

LOL

A few quick fixes that can last a few days:

--Lean Ground Turkey "Nachos" (don't forget the salsa, gauc, etc) 15 minutes

The next night if you eat left overs you can use the meat to make enchiladas (hopefully I spelled that correctly)

--Noodle Stir Fry (Meat Optional)

There are small packages of "Chow Mein" Stir Fry Noodles (like $1.97) with multiple servings. Don't mistake the size of the noodles, usually you can cook 3 meals with these small packs... And also pick up The "Birds Eye" SteamFresh Vegetables (like $3.50 or $4), and only takes 5 minutes to cook!

> I usually cook/microwave the veggies, when the noodles are 75% done and drop the veggies in a Wok or Skillet while adding some type of asian inspired Sauce

> After this add the noodles and Stir, Stir, Stir (Add more sauce depending on the amount of taste that's needed (Once Again, You should also have leftovers available)...Should take 15 minutes

--Turkey Artichoke Balls

> Form the Ground Turkey Balls and stuff small slices of the artichoke hearts (they can be bought in a Can, I usually get "Reese" 6-8 medium artichoke hearts) I usually boil the other unused artichokes or snack on them raw..The leaves of the artichokes are Grrrreat!! Throw this over Rice along with a little artichoke sauce...

--Turkey Pepperoni Pizza Bagels

> Pizza Sauce, cheese and Turkey pepperoni (throw in the oven at 425 for 9 minutes)

Funny you asked. I made it the other night. It was very .. sweet. Not sure if it was the fruit or the cake mix (I think it was just a regular yellow cake mix).

I like less-sweet desserts, but my partner ate it up. In fact, he wants another one.

LOL

Did you use pineapple in syrup or juice ? Maybe use a "light" cake-mix if you want even less sugar.

Oh, BTW, can you tell the folks here, just how easy it was ?

Did you use pineapple in syrup or juice ? Maybe use a "light" cake-mix if you want even less sugar.

Oh, BTW, can you tell the folks here, just how easy it was ?

Yeah, I was just tired one day after work and picked up the pineapples and cherries (the gloppy pie kind). I am not sure about the pineapples being in syrup or just juice.

I will try that.

Actually, I liked the cobbler-esque consistency though. I also didn't use nearly enough butter (I sometimes shy away from butter).

Yeah, I was just tired one day after work and picked up the pineapples and cherries (the gloppy pie kind). I am not sure about the pineapples being in syrup or just juice.

I will try that.

Actually, I liked the cobbler-esque consistency though. I also didn't use nearly enough butter (I sometimes shy away from butter).

The "gloppy" cherry pie filling IS the right stuff, but if you use Pineapple in Syrup instead of just in the juice, then you will get a very sugary taste. I am glad you liked it though.

Archived