Bridge 12: Multifamily On Katy Fwy. & Heights Blvd.

MidtownCoog

What in the world is Bridge 12?

Looks like some tacky apartments coming up on the bayou at Heights Blvd and 10.

What irked me is they felt the need tag their name on the bridge. How tacky is that?

Somebody should pull a La Strada on this construction.

So are these the ones right on the bayou on the east side? The marker on the map on the har listing shows further south and on the west side. If they are planning on tearing down those crappy apartments on the west side I am for it.

I'll have to look for the tagging on the way home tonight.. I'm surprised they are building so close to the bayou there also..

Location is more like here..

And I think those apartments west of Heights, south of I10 will be mowed down for a mixed use area.. I'll have to search the HAIF now to find it.. But with today's financing issues, we'll see..

Cheers!

edit: Found it: New Development between Heights and Yale, S. of I10

Edited by Zippy

That's what I thought, because I've seen the building going on there, but with an address of 145 I would expect it to be south of 2nd St, and on the other side of the road. I just need to drive by and check it out.

I think the HAR link posted at 145 is the same as your second link, and the Bridge 12 is where your map link is. Separate, different. And neither involving the demolition of the apartments, at least yet.

I'll have to look for the tagging on the way home tonight.. I'm surprised they are building so close to the bayou there also..

Location is more like here..

And I think those apartments west of Heights, south of I10 will be mowed down for a mixed use area.. I'll have to search the HAIF now to find it.. But with today's financing issues, we'll see..

Cheers!

edit: Found it: New Development between Heights and Yale, S. of I10

That's the location.

Not sure if it's tagging or "gorilla marketing". Either way the should be issued a citation.

I heard that the mixed-use development did not originally include those apartments on the west side but that negotiations were under way to acquire those as well. Not sure where that ended up.

How about the newish hardie plak three story townhome on the RR tracks across from Hickory Hollow?

Those are new and they need to be torn down already.

And you could imagine living ON the RR tracks?

That's what I was thinking when they first started building there.. Seriously.. I hope they have some fantastic sound proofing there.. And vibration proofing..

A storage place, I understand.. but really..

So are these the ones right on the bayou on the east side? The marker on the map on the har listing shows further south and on the west side. If they are planning on tearing down those crappy apartments on the west side I am for it.

Those "Crappy Apartments" on the west side should be going away to make space for the new Mixed Use project that's coming to Heights Blvd. I can't wait until that happens, bc at that point Heights Blvd should become fully walkable from Washington Avenue to like 11th street.

Just goes to show how rampant and rapid inner loop development is happening....so fast that the developers obviously are not taking the time to research whether someone could actually live there. I take secret pleasure in making as much racket as possible when recycling the glass, especially when someone is showing those properties to potential buyers. Caveat emptor!

My hope is that this will be a lesson for the future development of this area.

Please make it smart, green, livable and useful.

And how about having the recycling center right behind you, too? The Northeast unit has it all - trains and the sound of smashing glass.

I think the recycling center is gone (if Im thinking of the right spot) I rode my bike by there a week or so ago and it is just an empty lot now....

On the contrary, it is now bigger and with paved surface. The entrance moved from Havard to Center.

As I "throw" Amber and green bottles into the bins, I wonder the same thing about those townhomes.

I think the recycling center is gone (if Im thinking of the right spot) I rode my bike by there a week or so ago and it is just an empty lot now....

On the contrary, it is now bigger and with paved surface. The entrance moved from Havard to Center.

As I "throw" Amber and green bottles into the bins, I wonder the same thing about those townhomes.

ah - guess I didn't ride my bike far enough to see it....thanks for the update...

Oh.. update on the bridge tagging.. it looks like it is something more official than a wayward tagger or marketing.. At least going north on Heights, on both sides of the bridge it says Bridge 20..

Don't know why they would call their apartments bridge 12..

Edited by Zippy

Oh.. update on the bridge tagging.. it looks like it is something more official than a wayward tagger or marketing.. At least going north on Heights, on both sides of the bridge it says Bridge 20..

Don't know why they would call their apartments bridge 12..

But isn't that the name? I thought I saw their sign and it said "Bridge 12".

But isn't that the name? I thought I saw their sign and it said "Bridge 12".

Actually.. after looking at the sign for the apartments, it does indeed say "Bridge 20".. not 12..

Heading South, the bridge is tagged "Bridge 21"

Heading North on Yale, the bridge is tagged, "Bridge 19".. hmmm

This might start a new discussion on how they know the names of those bridges.. :ph34r:

Another poor choice in residential development (Town Homes right off the bayou). I share the same sentiments regarding the awful looking Town Homes right off the RR tracks across Hickory Hollow. I wonder how much the mortgage meltdown will affect the sale of these new homes.

• The title was changed to Bridge 12: Multifamily On Katy Fwy. & Heights Blvd.