Happy 4th!

Montrose1100

I love me some fireworks! What is everyone's plans?

Like every family holiday, I'm going to Number's... :lol:

Stay home, stay safe and maybe climb on my roof to catch a glimpse of the fireworks downtown. Heck, I might even drink a cold one in honor of the founding fathers.

This year was without a doubt THE easiest to go see the fireworks. The crowds were very scaled back this year. I will blame gas prices. It was also probably the best looking display in the past 5 years. Traffic was an after thought. We actually showed up at 9:15pm and by 9:20pm it had started. By 9:45 it was over and we were back at home from Katy to Bear Creek by 10pm.

Went to the movie to see Hancock and then to Kemah. Got lost and never made it there.

Where are the signs down there!?!

LOL! WHAT ??? Just take 45 south to Nasa Rd. 1 go left and drive past JSC until you hit FM146 take a right, go over the bridge, THERE YOU ARE !

How was Hancock ? I can't wait to see that one.

I didn't go to any displays this year, but I did see something pretty cool, IMO.

I was heading south on Barker Cypress over the UPRR overpass at 290. Given how flat Houston is, you can generally see from Uptown to Katy from that vantage point. While I was stopped at the signal, the horizon was wall-to-wall fireworks from all the various professional and amateur displays going on. It was truly an amazing sight.

LOL! WHAT ??? Just take 45 south to Nasa Rd. 1 go left and drive past JSC until you hit FM146 take a right, go over the bridge, THERE YOU ARE !

How was Hancock ? I can't wait to see that one.

Hancock was good, but not great. It had wonderful performances from Will Smith and Bateman (first name eludes me), but whatshername was kinda lame until near the end. Special f/x were good.

I dunno .. the movie had a lot of energy, but it just seemed the pacing was wrong.