Rotating skyscrapers of the future coming soon!

, too cool!

I am still dying to see the first one built. is it possible to get an alert of any local lectures or viewings of models???

Does anyone know of a website to visit than can notify interested enthusiasts such as I? :D

Perhaps contact the architects or firm being supportive of such a feat?

Speaking of rotating buildings, does the Hyatt downtown (I think it's the Hyatt) still have that rotating restaurant, and better yet, is the restaurant any good?

You mean the Spindletop? It's there and still spinning. I've never been, but a close friend told me the food is nothing to write home about.

You mean the Spindletop? It's there and still spinning. I've never been, but a close friend told me the food is nothing to write home about.

Yeah, I found the website for it ... and the menu. Damn, it's not cheap.

I also found some reviews of it (B-4-u-eat.com) and man, folks trashed it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still determined to build my revolving Dinner theater/Dance Club:

This would be a multi-use facility ie; double as a place to have dinner, after work professional mixers, weddings, bar mitzfahs, quincinera's (15 year old parties), Annual Gala's,basically for everyone, not just single people. Would be at least 3-6 stories high with revolving rooms, floors, interchangable walls, projected images for backdrops, extremely high dramatic sealings, bring in some of the best West/East Coast designers to add their ideas. Would also hire people in film industry to come in and create sets to move around. One month the place has a 1940's look, next a 1920's, the Silent film era, and just keep it changing! I would refer to all the staff as The Cast and make wear costume of the era. The ideas never stop. $ is no object! Skies the limit! People still and always will want to mingle in person & dance, dance, dance! There are plenty of ideas and inspiration out there. Let's build it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYd_fATS18

They did it then we can do now!

I'm still determined to build my revolving Dinner theater/Dance Club:

This would be a multi-use facility ie; double as a place to have dinner, after work professional mixers, weddings, bar mitzfahs, quincinera's (15 year old parties), Annual Gala's,basically for everyone, not just single people. Would be at least 3-6 stories high with revolving rooms, floors, interchangable walls, projected images for backdrops, extremely high dramatic sealings, bring in some of the best West/East Coast designers to add their ideas. Would also hire people in film industry to come in and create sets to move around. One month the place has a 1940's look, next a 1920's, the Silent film era, and just keep it changing! I would refer to all the staff as The Cast and make wear costume of the era. The ideas never stop. $ is no object! Skies the limit! People still and always will want to mingle in person & dance, dance, dance! There are plenty of ideas and inspiration out there. Let's build it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYd_fATS18

They did it then we can do now!

Is this really the place to discuss your dinner theater/dance room idea? Yeah, I do have a neat idea for a pirate-themed dinner theater (with real water), but I'm not going to discuss it in a thread like this... :huh:

Archived