Texas Governor's Mansion At 1010 Colorado St.

RedScare

just talked to someone I know that was doing some work in there and he said all the contents were removed before the renovation started so that is a small amount of good news and he also said the entire area is covered with cameras so if it was arson they will know for sure pretty soon

they had cut channels in the ceilings for the sprinkler system just recently

There is an exact replica of the govenor's mansion on the Daniel's ranch north of Liberty. It seems that Price Daniel liked the place so much he had one built for himself after he retired. The replica was built to scale using the original plans and therfore has the smaller wings on either side that the state could not afford when the original structure was built 160 years ago.

Maybe the Daniels will allow the Perrys to live in Liberty while their digs in Austin are rebuilt.

The joke going around the office was that Kinky Friedman was walking through with his cigar and got too close to Gov. Good Hair's hair products.

Riddle me this though--the fire looks far worse on the outside than it does inside. After such a massive blaze, the interior shots that I saw show perfectly white walls! What's up with that? It still looks as though a renovation is going on there. Grant it there are burned pieces of wood here and there and the staircase is in bad shape, but all in all, it looks salvagable.

• The title was changed to Texas Governor's Mansion At 1010 Colorado St.

Archived