Garden in the Heights?

About 4 years ago I remember reading that the Garden in the Heights was purchased in a news release (I think in the HBJ) that stated it was going to be completely renovated and improved. It was going to be used for wedding receptions, parties, etc. I was excited as the article sounded like it would remain as is but with improvements. I really enjoyed attending the Octoberfest and other festivals that were held there. However, it sat with no action for several months and I started to get skeptical with all of the town home development going on.

I sent an email to one of the local preservation groups, as I knew the Meeting hall had some history, to see if they knew anything regarding the status of the project. They responded that they would look into it. Eventually, one day when driving on Waugh I noticed town home signs at the property and shortly after the beer hall and garden were both gone. It pains me every time I drive north on Waugh when I see the area. I attended a St. Arnold festival there about 9 years ago when I first moved to Houston and the Beer Garden was one of the reasons I moved to the Heights.

Archived