Raising Cane's Restaurant To Open

tw2ntyse7en

Well, I don't think Sub was referring to Citykid's question of location and reference to the cemetary. I think he was referring to Dal's negative comments and my defensive position on them.

As for your post Deb, you hit my stance right on the head. Good shootin' "Tex". ;)

There's another Burger-joint I'm going to plug pretty soon, as I've heard that its finally made it to Houston (somewhere on the northside I've been told). Its called Backyard Burger. They use only angus beef, fresh vegetables (for burgers, sandwiches & salads), and fresh waffle cut potatoes (fries). Its about $6.00 for a combo, but it is so damn tasty and gourmet that its worth every penny! I'll post a thread on that later if I get around to it. For now, here's the link: Backyard Burger Homepage

Yesterday, I went to the area by the cemetary because I wanted to eat at the new resturant but I could not find it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Citykid, next time you're on Westheimer, head east of Dairy Ashford. On the right hand side is where you'll find the construction site as they haven't even poured the slab. They have a sign up and are still doing the dirt work.

For the record, I'm heading to Lake Charles tomorrow where I think I'll be having Raising Cane's for lunch & Backyard Burger for dinner! :D

Funny how a town 1/20th the size of Houston was able to get two kickass restaurants first! HA! :lol::P

Funny how a town 1/20th the size of Houston was able to get two kickass restaurants first! HA!

Not really, sometimes a smaller concept type restaurant will start in a smaller market type area (i.e. Raisin' Cane in Lake Charles), then when they've "proved themselves", they feel confident to move into a bigger market area. I wish them both them well, but they're playing with the big boys in Houston, where there's always been more than enough "kickass" type restaurants. :D

• 3 weeks later...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/30/2005

Shenandoah denies special-use permit for restaurant

By: , Courier/HCN staff

The Shenandoah City Council voted unanimously March 23 to deny a special-use permit that would have allowed a fast-food restaurant to be built at 1490 Research Forest Drive, a recently developed area near several homes that also includes a new Woodforest Bank branch, a pizzeria and a sandwich shop.

Developers for Raising Canes, which is based in Baton Rouge, La., wrote a letter to the council seeking the permit after receiving approval from the city's Planning and Zoning Commission. The letter described the restaurant as "a high-class environment that promotes family dining (with a menu) compiled of freshly cooked chicken fingers and chicken fingers only."

Residents, however, complained that the restaurant was too close to homes and the smell of cooking grease could easily waft toward homes.

Residents also disliked the fact that Raising Canes would have a drive-through window and that other locations of the restaurant are routinely open until 2 a.m. or 3 a.m. on weeknights.

The residents said they had no problem with the other restaurants that have been approved for the shopping center since those businesses do not present the same problems.

The 2am and 3am is because most of the orginal location in Louisiana are located near college campuses. The college crowd is what made this place famous in Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

I don't think the locations in the burbs will be open that late, unless there are other establishments that are open that late nearby.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"a high-class environment that promotes family dining (with a menu) compiled of freshly cooked chicken fingers and chicken fingers only."

I love it when Louisiana people start trying to define "class". My feelings about the word "class" are, if you use the word, you don't have any idea of what it is.

Why do people even try to make comments about peoples class or lack there of. Seems a little immature if the only thing you can bring to the conversation is an insult. Many of times hanging out with people with a lack of class is a lot more fun that dealing with classy people.

"Many of times hanging out with people with a lack of class is a lot more fun that dealing with classy people." (quote, kjb434)

yes that is why we keep welcoming dal back!

"Why do people even try to make comments about peoples class or lack there of. Seems a little immature if the only thing you can bring to the conversation is an insult." (quote, kjb434)

sorry to quote your post out of order kjb, and you bring up a good point. let it be noted that instead of merely commenting on someone elses lack of class and bringing only an insult to the conversation, that i complimented your post. back on the subject of raising cane's restaurant, i too feel once hours that are appropriate can be established that it would make a good addition to the shenandoah area. i am pulling for this place since reading the story of how it came about, but of course all of you know me as a cheerleader for the underdog anyway!

deb martin

"Many of times hanging out with people with a lack of class is a lot more fun that dealing with classy people." (quote, kjb434)

yes that is why we keep welcoming dal back!

"Why do people even try to make comments about peoples class or lack there of. Seems a little immature if the only thing you can bring to the conversation is an insult." (quote, kjb434)

sorry to quote your post out of order kjb, and you bring up a good point.

This topic is the first one ever to be closed twice, since it once again developed into a series of insults. <_<

The rules about flame wars here continue to hold. Keep it civil, please. I really don't think a lot of people are interested in reading strings of put-downs.

• The topic was unlocked