Why I Hate "the Weather Channel"

Okay I was watching the Weather Channel (and this is all too common) and they were talking about weather in the South.

They showed a VERY nice day in Centennial Park in Atlanta (like we care right?) -except people in Atlanta

and well they showed Texas weather.

The thin weatherlady (usually most of them are pregnate) said oh look there looks to be a chance of rain in: San Antonio, San Marcos and Dallas.

The catcher...she was standing in front of Houston.

She had to NOT mention us right?

What is Atlanta's beef with Houston? Why do they skip us in weather reports except extreme weather!

I bet they held their breath reporting the "Super Bowl"!!

Matt and I are constantly laughing our butts off because they ALWAYS talk about Atlanta, especially in the morning, Matt sees Marshall Seese on and he'll say: "What's the weather like today in Atlanta, Marshall?" and sure enough TWC will cut to video of rain in Atlanta or a day at the park there, and you hear Marshall say, "...and in Atlanta..." :lol::lol::lol:

I think they talk less about Houston and more about Dallas because Dallas is more centralized, near more places like OK, AR, etc...who knows, maybe they just hate Houston :lol:

Matt and I are constantly laughing our butts off because they ALWAYS talk about Atlanta, especially in the morning, Matt sees Marshall Seese on and he'll say: "What's the weather like today in Atlanta, Marshall?" and sure enough TWC will cut to video of rain in Atlanta or a day at the park there, and you hear Marshall say, "...and in Atlanta..."  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think they talk less about Houston and more about Dallas because Dallas is more centralized, near more places like OK, AR, etc...who knows, maybe they just hate Houston  :lol:

I think since the channel is located in their city, they are getting free advertisment for it. If this channel was in Houston I would want Houston to do the same thing. You guys should write in and complain about it.

I've noticed this same phenom on MSNBC and CNN as well. Houston is frequently overlooked - and my belief is that many people outside of Houston don't recognize/realize that Houston is indeed the fourth largest city in the country. It's part of the perception issues surrounding Houston period...people just don't know and don't seem to give a rats ...

Yeah they do. CNN Weather does this also. I see this all the time. We aren't even listed on the map most of the time. It would be New Orleans, and then the next city down I-10 would be San Antonio.

I have noticed that too.

BTW, I did email The Weather Channel and complained and they showed Houston for a week and I guess that died down quickly. I guess I'm going to have do a little more shouting! Anyone want to join me!

Let's go call in ;)

I've always been baffled by those that can sit and watch the weather channel in the first place. What's so interesting about the weather? :huh: 90% of you, if not more work indoors in a climatized atmosphere with climatized vehicles to get you there. Most of you are so pale that you have "moon-burns". Turn off the T.V. and go outside. There's your forecast! :o

I don't care much less about the weather. I just love looking at maps!! Seriously I do. I love looking at how intersections connect with one another and the different parts of the U.S.

either that or (Sarcastically saying) I can't wait to see Atlantas weather tomorrow because by golly we ALL love to see what the weather will be like there today!

I have to agree with the above comments.

The national meda operate like some sort of dysfunctional family. Houston's role is to provide shock and scandal.

If you want to see Houston on the national news, wait until the next bizzare murder. We'll get plenty of coverage, and probably a "Movie of the Week" will follow in a few months.