George Washington Junior High School At 4701 Dickson St.

mwkellner

What school was originally in the building that currently houses the school for criminal justice? It is near St Thomas HS. I really appreciate ALL of the first hand knowledge available at this site. Thanks alot. George Washington Junior High School At 4701 Dickson St.

What school was originally in the building that currently houses the school for criminal justice? It is near St Thomas HS. I really appreciate ALL of the first hand knowledge available at this site. Thanks alot

Thanks alot! was it a middle school? When did it close?

it was an elementary school. i had a cousin who was there in the 70's

EDIT: looks like it was K-8 and closed in May '80 according to this.

If that's the school on Shepherd, just north of St. Thomas, it was only a Jr. High (Gr 7-9), when I was at Lanier and played basketball against them in the late 40's.

If that's the school on Shepherd, just north of St. Thomas, it was only a Jr. High (Gr 7-9), when I was at Lanier and played basketball against them in the late 40's.

in the 40's it may have been. the chronicle article from 81 said K-8. with population shifts, schools end up changing as well.

• The title was changed to George Washington School
  • The title was changed to George Washington Junior High School At 4701 Dickson St.