Khambrel Marshall

lolita66

I read over on Isiah Carey's Insite! that Khambrel Marshall is supposedly going to be in front of the camera again, but this time as a weatherman. Has anyone else heard this? Or what station? Thanks!

I read over on Isiah Carey's Insite! that Khambrel Marshall is supposedly going to be in front of the camera again, but this time as a weatherman. Has anyone else heard this? Or what station? Thanks!

That's an odd move. Does he have weather experience?

Khambrel's been in front of lot of TVs in a lot of places. His first major gig was in Phoenix, I believe. He then moved over to both WPLG (ABC-10) in Miami and then on to WCIX (NBC 6) also in Miami before moving out here to Houston some time in the early to mid 90s.

I actually accepted an award from him at an even in Miami when I was in high school.

It'd be nice to see him back on TV again in some capacity.

Khambrel's been in front of lot of TVs in a lot of places. His first major gig was in Phoenix, I believe. He then moved over to both WPLG (ABC-10) in Miami and then on to WCIX (NBC 6) also in Miami before moving out here to Houston some time in the early to mid 90s.

I actually accepted an award from him at an even in Miami when I was in high school.

It'd be nice to see him back on TV again in some capacity.

I am not a local news watcher (I'd much rather read than watch) so I didn't even know he was gone. Anyhow, glad he's working again.

I didn't mean anything by my previous comment about whether he was experienced or not. I see commercials touting this other weather dude (Norman somebody) and all the stuff he developed for NASA. It just seems like a very competitive business with only a few openings.

I am not a local news watcher (I'd much rather read than watch) so I didn't even know he was gone. Anyhow, glad he's working again.

I didn't mean anything by my previous comment about whether he was experienced or not. I see commercials touting this other weather dude (Norman somebody) and all the stuff he developed for NASA. It just seems like a very competitive business with only a few openings.

You don't mean "Dr. Niel Frank...Legend in his own mind" and a self serving prick on top of that.

What I read over there is that he has been taking meteorology courses.

Some college in Mississippi does meteorology degrees through the mail that are good enough to get an AMS seal. The other meteorologists look down on it, but it's good enough for the audience.

Not everyone who does weather on the TV is a "meteorologist." In order to call yourself that, you need an AMS seal (American Meteorological Society). This is important enough that you've probably seen it on-screen next to the weatherperson's name. If you don't see it, chances are they're just another meat puppet.

There are occasions where weather talent will call themselves a "meteorologist" when they don't have the seal. I think they can get in mild trouble for that, but I'm not sure. I think it's similar to the difference between calling yourself a "real estate agent" and being a "Realtor®."

I guess anybody can just read the weather.

When visiting Fox 26 studios they allowed us to quickly tour and see exactly where these weather people stand (in front of blue screen) and do the weather segments. Anyone that can speak to a crowd and maintain composure can do it. (A great personality helps too)

Call for tours you'll be glad you did.

PS, if local schools took the children to see this behind-the-scenes magic, it would greatly influence them for a fantastic and exciting career in media and or journalism. :)

anyone remember orelon sydney? (weather i beleive...)...

i swear she turned into khambrel... :lol:B)

1.jpg9563889_240X180.jpg

According to sevfiv, Khambrel was already doing the weather many years ago at KPRC, under an Orelon Sydney disguise. . .!

No ... somebody Norman. Not even sure what channel.

Last I heard Khambrel was producing at KPRC. Why on earth would he become a weather reader when he could so easily just go back to the anchor desk?

He's taking Johnathan Novak's (sp?) spot as weekend morning weather - they announced it last Sunday morning....starting this Saturday

No ... somebody Norman. Not even sure what channel.

Gene Norman on KHOU. I personally dont like him, I feel like Im being talked to like a child when he is explaining the weather.

Now David Paul, who does the morning and afternoon news on channel 11, explains what is going on and all very clearly and doesnt dummy it up. I didnt like him in the beginning but him and Tim Heller are the only Mets. I'll watch now.

Gene Norman on KHOU. I personally dont like him, I feel like Im being talked to like a child when he is explaining the weather.

Yes, he does seem to be speaking in a condescending manner, can be annoying. :angry:

If memory serves well, Norman was doing weather here but on another channel (NBC 2 perhaps) I distinctly remember a profile that mentioned he is a native of Washington or Oregon? He certainly does not have a southern draw.

I do like his delivery/timing though and at least he seems approachable as most anchors should. One would think anyway. :blush:

Yes, he does seem to be speaking in a condescending manner, can be annoying. :angry:

If memory serves well, Norman was doing weather here but on another channel (NBC 2 perhaps) I distinctly remember a profile that mentioned he is a native of Washington or Oregon? He certainly does not have a southern draw.

I do like his delivery/timing though and at least he seems approachable as most anchors should. One would think anyway. :blush:

Gene Norman was a meteorologist for NASA for some years before coming to KTRK in the 90s to be one of the backup weather guys. He left in the late 90s to be chief meteorologist at a TV station in Atlanta, and now he's back in Houston at KHOU. He will take over as chief meteorologist when Neil Frank retires later this year.

Archived