Bad traffic signs

800px-Magic_Roundabout_Schild_db.jpg

The Magic Roundabout!! I've driven that. I don't recommend it. It is truly as jacked as it looks. ..... Old BF was from Oxford. On one visit, for a special treat, we detoured through Swindon on the way to Bath. He barrels through it in the little Ford Fiesta and we pull over, he asks if I want to drive it back out, and like an idiot I agree. We escaped with our lives, but barely.

Swindon, BTW, is a dismal place. The Magic Roundabout is, I think, the only tourist attraction. Note that though the sign says "centre" there is no cathedral. It's a merely a ''large town" or whatever odd word the English have for it.

This morning NPR had a story of a sign that was a nomal "STOP"... sign

and if you kept driving up a few more feet another real sign said "In the Name of Love".

Meant to discourage speeders but it was removed and the cops kept on writing tickets anyway. Hilarious and coincidence too. :lol:

before you break my heart ...Think it over

lol

The Magic Roundabout!! I've driven that. I don't recommend it. It is truly as jacked as it looks. ..... Old BF was from Oxford. On one visit, for a special treat, we detoured through Swindon on the way to Bath. He barrels through it in the little Ford Fiesta and we pull over, he asks if I want to drive it back out, and like an idiot I agree. We escaped with our lives, but barely.

Swindon, BTW, is a dismal place. The Magic Roundabout is, I think, the only tourist attraction. Note that though the sign says "centre" there is no cathedral. It's a merely a ''large town" or whatever odd word the English have for it.

I've mentioned it before, but as fate would arrange itself I once had an apartment in Swindon right up the street from the Magic Roundabout. The thing terrified me and I devised routes to avoid it, although despite best efforts I sometimes ended up driving through, hands clenched to the wheel in fright.

Swindon is indeed dismal unless, I suppose, you are interested in buying drugs. There is a centre that has been pedestrianized. In addition to being well known for its many complicated roundabouts, another claim to fame is its James Bond connection. Scenes from two James Bond movies were filmed there, and Ian Fleming is buried in the vicinity. OK, end of travelogue. smile.gif