Restaurants Needed In Katy

ckjkak

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not as freaky as it used to be, granted, but it ain't Katy. I have yet to see drag queens smelling like bong water at the fuzzy's pizza on mason rd, lol!

about a month or so ago we were eating at a restaurant near UHCL. One guy was interviewing a lady for a job at UHCL at an adjacent table. As the interview progressed, I realized that it was a man dressed as a woman. of course, the people i was with didn't believe me, until she/he stood up wearing 6" clear heels on top of his already 6'+ frame. at that point, a female coworker uttered "damn he's got a better body than i do!" LOL

Yeah I lived just off of West Gray and I've been to the one on West Gray and the one on Shepard. I remember enjoying the food but not a little annoyed at the atmosphere. But I'm about as straight as they come and pretty intolerant too, yoohoo!

I would love a Rudy's Barbecue.

I love the new Berryhills and glad to see a Buffalo Wild Wings coming.

Also, how about a proper diner that does full service. Like 59 Diner or Mama's cafe?

about a month or so ago we were eating at a restaurant near UHCL. One guy was interviewing a lady for a job at UHCL at an adjacent table. As the interview progressed, I realized that it was a man dressed as a woman. of course, the people i was with didn't believe me, until she/he stood up wearing 6" clear heels on top of his already 6'+ frame. at that point, a female coworker uttered "damn he's got a better body than i do!" LOL

:lol: it's the clear heels that make the outfit, I tell ya!

Isn't Barnaby's the really queer place with the dog theme?

It is a bit different as a theme, but the food is still quite decent, though. It has been a few years, so I think its time to see if they have improved. I was getting a bit disappointed by their fairview service. The RO one got on my nerves, but again, the food was good.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a local mom & pop. Well, soon to be. I spoke with the Wal-Mart developer and was pretty much told to forget it. They really only like to talk to national names. That said, they are having trouble leasing everything and have no idea when future construction will begin.

So, I found a much better location in front of Waterside Estates. Opening soon - locally owned coffee and tart frozen yogurt!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this in chron.com's real estate transactions...

"Nemo's Seafood Restaurant has leased 1,873 square feet at 24210 Westheimer Parkway in the Cinco West Shopping Center."

Anyone familiar with Nemo's?

I found this on the internet - don't know if it's the same Nemo's...

http://franchise.business-opportunities.bi.../nemos-seafood/

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:nZkta...mp;client=opera

Saw this in chron.com's real estate transactions...

"Nemo's Seafood Restaurant has leased 1,873 square feet at 24210 Westheimer Parkway in the Cinco West Shopping Center."

Anyone familiar with Nemo's?

What? Disney's clownfish is opening up a restaurant? Never would have thought he'd turn on his own kind and serving his cousins.

cool! i think Potbelly is pretty good. do you think it will hurt panera bread's business a lot though?

I LOVE Potbelly... and I think it's better than Panera Bread (IMHO). I think both Potbelly and Panera Bread will do fine. I also saw on a site plan for La Centerra that a Which Wich is coming soon there. I'm happy to see some of my favorite lunch spots are coming to Katy (I work near Greenway Plaza).

Well I have been in the Katy area going on 12 years now and years back it was great with the mom & pop joints scattered around. But they have all dried up mainly because of all the new people moving here over the years giving them no support.

Places like Rocco's, Chin Won, etc have empty tables many nights while the Chili's and other cookie cutter places with so so food are lined up out the door.

I moved out here because it was different and all these years later as the one poster put it I believe Gymboree family's have come and are succeeding in there mission to turn Katy into "Just like everyplace else land"

Also for the poster whom said there needs to be an authentic Chinese Resturant out here. Have you bothered to step foot in Chin Won. They are from China and while the food is more Chinese/American style mainly because of the people they feed it is fantastic food. I doubt most people could even handle a truly authentic Chinese Resturant.

So yes bring back the Mom & Pops (I know this won't happen due to lack of support) and less of the cookie cutter joints.

Another Walmart (lets see that makes what like 6 of them in a 10 mile area). Just what we need. I'll give my money to Target.

B

Well I have been in the Katy area going on 12 years now and years back it was great with the mom & pop joints scattered around. But they have all dried up mainly because of all the new people moving here over the years giving them no support.

Places like Rocco's, Chin Won, etc have empty tables many nights while the Chili's and other cookie cutter places with so so food are lined up out the door.

I moved out here because it was different and all these years later as the one poster put it I believe Gymboree family's have come and are succeeding in there mission to turn Katy into "Just like everyplace else land"

Also for the poster whom said there needs to be an authentic Chinese Resturant out here. Have you bothered to step foot in Chin Won. They are from China and while the food is more Chinese/American style mainly because of the people they feed it is fantastic food. I doubt most people could even handle a truly authentic Chinese Resturant.

So yes bring back the Mom & Pops (I know this won't happen due to lack of support) and less of the cookie cutter joints.

Another Walmart (lets see that makes what like 6 of them in a 10 mile area). Just what we need. I'll give my money to Target.

B

Welcome to the group.

Went to Chin Won this evening based on your recommendation and enjoyed it. We normally go to China Wall which I also think is quite good, but geared to take out. Would be interested to hear any other recommendations that you have in the area.

Welcome to the group.

Went to Chin Won this evening based on your recommendation and enjoyed it. We normally go to China Wall which I also think is quite good, but geared to take out. Would be interested to hear any other recommendations that you have in the area.

As in my other post Rocco's and Pulcinella are really good for Italian and for Barbecue I always go over to the little joint next to the Midway Supermarket. The 829 Bistro is nice. For Breakfast we love Snappy's but bring your appetite. Used to frequent Texas Borders quite a bit but only go occasionally now as it seems to have morphed into something else now, but the food is still good.

Some of the places we used to frequent have closed down now.

B

In my original post (#21), this was another concern and I blew off the project altogether. Reading this pretty much assures that opening a small business is pretty much committing financial suicide unless its a cleaners or convenience store.

I'm am still pondering the 24hr sports bar, though. One thing is certain is that it is NOT going to be in the burbs.

• 4 weeks later...

I have lived in Katy for most of my 37 years and have seen this place just completely change from just that...mom and pop...good food at a decent price with no to little waits...with the poplulation flux over the past 2 dozen years....the demographics have been met by the national chains...they can do the same "style" of food at much better margins than the locals could keep up with...thus the demise of the local eateries....and as stated...with that population flux...came the chains...the folks in this area have become accustomed to eating the same burger combo from Chili's to Fuddruckers to even the wing's places that have been mentioned...the way you get out of that is to enjoy places like Texas Tradition on Hwy 90 in old town Katy..good food...good prices and a neat atmosphere...I agree that we need more local flavors...but it's just very difficult to get people to try something different with all the advertising that the national chains do....when my wife and I travel...I always ask a local for a good place to eat...I can get McDonalds....Chili's, etc. here at home...I want to eat where the locals eat from a local owner...I have eaten all over Texas and Oklahoma and have been very impressed on what is still out there...heck, take a trip down to Rosenberg for some good mexican food...or Richmond for good BBQ (Midway's is pretty good in Katy as well)....fill your tank up with gas...point the car in a direction...when you get to half a tank...stop and find a restaraunt...grab a bite...then head back home...you'll be amazed at what's available within half a tank of gas drive from the Katy area...good eats to all...

Yea, I went back and read your posts....the comments were not horrible...but pretty slamming on a community you are about to move into, lol...welcome to the Katy area....hope you find some good in our community...

Sorry to everyone when I was so mean to katy. Now, I am moving to Katy afteropening up the mind of mine. Thanks to everyone.

-LifeInTheWoodlands(is to be almost over)

I don't know..for some reason I am thinking you are a teenager behind a computer with nothing else to do. I doubt you have ever lived in the woodlands, heck you probably already live in Katy. Just trying to stir up some trouble in the forums...I dont know IMO.

I don't know..for some reason I am thinking you are a teenager behind a computer with nothing else to do. I doubt you have ever lived in the woodlands, heck you probably already live in Katy. Just trying to stir up some trouble in the forums...I dont know IMO.

I also do not believe that lifeinthewoodlands posts ring genuine. That is why I think it's best just to ignore him/her.

• 1 year later...

Heard a rumor last week that Pappa's is supposedly planning on putting in a Pappasito's and Pappadeaux next to Katy Mills Mall. Anyone else heard this or know if this is more than rumor? I looked on the Pappa's website, but found nothing and did a search of new TABC apps, but found nothing, so I'm thinking it's more a rumor at this point.

Heard a rumor last week that Pappa's is supposedly planning on putting in a Pappasito's and Pappadeaux next to Katy Mills Mall. Anyone else heard this or know if this is more than rumor? I looked on the Pappa's website, but found nothing and did a search of new TABC apps, but found nothing, so I'm thinking it's more a rumor at this point.

I've been hearing the Pappasitos rumor for a while now (two years), so don't get your hopes up. I hope I'm wrong because I love their food and think it would do fabulous business.

Archived