Restaurants Needed In Katy

ckjkak

I know a lot of people in Katy are wanting certain restaurants to come to the Katy area. I recently wrote an email to one of my son's favorite restaurants... and they actually wrote me back! They said that they were very interested in the Katy area but had to wait for a decision from corporate. She also said that there are a lot of factors that go in opening a restaurant in the 'burbs... population/demographic/the normal stuff.

I think if enough people write/email these restaurants maybe they will eventually make their way out here. I just went to their website and went to the contact us page.

What are some restaurants you want in Katy?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo Wild Wings would be great! Maybe I should email them :D ! As a married couple in their late 20's... there are not a lot of places in Katy to just hang out and have a few drinks. My husband and I were so happy when Baker Street opened. Great ideas!

Buffalo Wild Wings would be great! Maybe I should email them :D ! As a married couple in their late 20's... there are not a lot of places in Katy to just hang out and have a few drinks. My husband and I were so happy when Baker Street opened. Great ideas!

Think of how many wing places are already in Katy: There's Wings N More and Wingstop on Mason, Wings & Rings in Villagio, and Wild Wings Cafe(?) off of Westgreen and I10 and then you got joints like Hooters to compete with. I like my wings too but only eat them once in awhile since they aren't the healthiest.

Buffalo Wild Wings✓

P.F. Changs

Lupe Tortilla✓

Pappasitos

Cheesecake Factory

Cafe Express

Grand Luxe

Le Peep

Olive Garden

California Pizza Kitchen✓

Carrabba's

Culver's

Potbelly✓

IHOP

and more.

BTW Rocco's is really good.

Goode Company BBQ

Just a word on dining, our friends at Villagio, Tokyo Steak and Sushi have opened. We were invited to their 'soft opening' the other night, and their food and presentation were very good. Their prices are very comparable to other steak and sushi restaurants in town.

Up next - The Greek Restaurant, and an Irish Grill & Pub... coming soon.

escalantes

lupe tortillas

landry signature restaurant

pappa bros restaurant

this thread is depressing. It just reminds me of all the options that we don't have. Looking forward to more dining options at Villagio though.

What are some restaurants you want in Katy?

I'd like to see a lot fewer chains and a lot more quality mom-and-pop places. I'm not interested i Katy becoming anymore of a Generica-Ville than it already is.

It mystifies me as to why people move to a new area and then want it to become like everywhere else. What's the point?

I'd like to see a lot fewer chains and a lot more quality mom-and-pop places. I'm not interested i Katy becoming anymore of a Generica-Ville than it already is.

It mystifies me as to why people move to a new area and then want it to become like everywhere else. What's the point?

Most mom and pop places seem to be very small communities and towns that the chains are not interested in or in

Most mom and pop places seem to be very small communities and towns that the chains are not interested in or in "trendy" places like Midtown, Montrose, etc and not large developing suburbs with a lot of working adults and kids. Its not that residents don't want these places, they are just realistic that you are not going to see a lot of boutique or one-off restaurants you may see in a city center. IMO most people moved to Katy for the superior schools, relative safety, and good home values which make it a good place to raise a family. Pretty much the same thing you can say for The Woodlands, Sugarland, Cypress or Pearland. Each have their differences and are at different points in their development, but overall they are the typical American suburb which have a lot of chains restaurants as well as chain home builders so things are going to pretty "generic".

I think that there is a good trend with the local chains that have come into Cinco during the last six months, such as Azzarelli's, Berryhill, and Mission Burrito. Much preferable to an Olive Garden, Chevy's or other national chains.

What South Katy really needs an alternative to Starbucks!!

I'd be happy with a PF Changs and Carrabba's. Although a Cheesecake Factory would be nice.

Unless they decide to go outside the box and build an actual restaurant for Lupe Torilla, I'd never dine there again. Too crowded for food that is way overrated. I can get this type of Tex Mex at any restaurant in Houston.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see

Buffalo Wild Wings or a Chammps

Pappasitos

JImmy Buffett's Margaritaville (bring some tourists)

A really authentic English or Irish pub (Baker St okay, but something more authentic.)

Katy used to be chock-a-block with mom-and-pop/unique places. That is until the developers and Gymboree Mommies and Daddies decided it needed to look like everywhere else in America.

It seems to me that a livable city needs to be about a whole lot more than just shopping and education. Katy anymore is way too heavy on the former, mid-weight on the latter and Wonderbread boring all the way around.

I agree. It is hard to tell the difference between Katy, Pearland and Sugarland... The benefit of Katy is that if a hurricane comes you can get out of town quicker than if you lived further south and east. I imagine it will stay generic until some sort of tipping point is reached where people realize just because they live in the suburbs doesn't mean they have to eat bad food.... Chili's, Pappasittos, Willies, Carrabas, PF Changs... :wacko:

I agree. It is hard to tell the difference between Katy, Pearland and Sugarland... The benefit of Katy is that if a hurricane comes you can get out of town quicker than if you lived further south and east. I imagine it will stay generic until some sort of tipping point is reached where people realize just because they live in the suburbs doesn't mean they have to eat bad food.... Chili's, Pappasittos, Willies, Carrabas, PF Changs... :wacko:

Believe it or not, someone actually is trying to talk me into putting up money for a strip mall near the Crockett Middle school (or whatever the name of it is its a new one) and run throw in a pizza joint(or something). With all the development going on it seems like its a sure money maker, my only concern is that how in the future, the population might collapse closer to the various town centers (Sugarland/Katy/Houston/Gessner/Energy Corridor). Another (larger) thing to consider for me is that I don't want to live out there and the employment pool wouldn't want to do the same either, especially when you consider that the gas prices are higher and that is going to make wages (and therefore the product) more expensive.

Now that I think about it, I need to hit up some of my clients that have restaurants and do an informal survey on how business IS doing. If they're raising prices/have they raised prices, etc.

Edit: My general stupidity again.

ReEdit: Woohoo! I started page Two!

Believe it or not, someone actually is trying to talk me into putting up money for a strip mall near the Crockett Middle school (or whatever the name of it is its a new one) and run throw in a pizza joint(or something). With all the development going on it seems like its a sure money maker, my only concern is that how in the future, the population might collapse closer to the various town centers (Sugarland/Katy/Houston/Gessner/Energy Corridor). Another (larger) thing to consider for me is that I don't want to live out there and the employment pool wouldn't want to do the same either, especially when you consider that the gas prices are higher and that is going to make wages (and therefore the product) more expensive.

Now that I think about it, I need to hit up some of my clients that have restaurants and do an informal survey on how business IS doing. If they're raising prices/have they raised prices, etc.

Edit: My general stupidity again.

ReEdit: Woohoo! I started page Two!

I wouldn't worry about population collapsing in this area, there is no validity to that, at all.

And If you wouldn't want to live in the area don't, I don't understand why you think there is not an employment pool in the area, and or why they wouldn't want to live there.

You do realize that It is not more expensive to live and work in the Katy area. It is not a requirement to commute to live in the area, most people don't.

By the way no one gets excited about a pizza joint/ or something in a strip center. We already have the CiCi's and Double Dave's and Fuzzy's crap.

I wouldn't worry about population collapsing in this area, there is no validity to that, at all.

And If you wouldn't want to live in the area don't, I don't understand why you think there is not an employment pool in the area, and or why they wouldn't want to live there.

You do realize that It is not more expensive to live and work in the Katy area. It is not a requirement to commute to live in the area, most people don't.

By the way no one gets excited about a pizza joint/ or something in a strip center. We already have the CiCi's and Double Dave's and Fuzzy's crap.

If I want to hire a bunch of teenagers, its not that big of a deal, but those that actually NEED jobs would be hard pressed to find fairly affordable housing/apartments (I figure about $500/800 range) as well as being affordable to commute for them. I wouldn't be able to pay livable wage and keep my costs down without someone whining "So and so sells it for THIS much."

There really isn't that much to be excited about Pizza joints or whatever, but they are little necessities while living in the burbs and I hear it all the time. FYI, I considered a CiCi's, but the numbers didn't work out very well for what they were paying.

I have tried living in katy and I just couldn't do it, but in the past I've practically lived at work/business because my obsession to make sure things work out right and customers are happy.

For all of you that wanted a Buffalo Wild Wings in South Katy... YOU GOT YOUR WISH!

Check out the new tenant list for The Shops at Bella Terra!

Buffalo Wild Wings

Best Buy

Taco Cabana

Quiznos

Sushi Hana

with more available pad sites

And Walmart has been pushed back till September 2008.

I know I'm excited! Maybe not so much for the soon-to-be WORSE traffic at 99 & 1093. Oh well, at least I can get there the back way :D !

For all of you that wanted a Buffalo Wild Wings in South Katy... YOU GOT YOUR WISH!

Check out the new tenant list for The Shops at Bella Terra!

Buffalo Wild Wings

Best Buy

Taco Cabana

Quiznos

Sushi Hana

with more available pad sites

And Walmart has been pushed back till September 2008.

I know I'm excited! Maybe not so much for the soon-to-be WORSE traffic at 99 & 1093. Oh well, at least I can get there the back way :D !

i can check buffalo wild wings off my list and hopefully lupe tortilla soon. :)

The only restaraunts I would like to see added to Katy area would be some "local" chains. Some of the places inside the loop that would probably kick off closer to the West side. Barnaby's, Chuy's, etc. Or mom and pop places like Rocco's on Fry. There's tons of people close to my age (mid 20-early 30s) out on the West side because of the Energy Corridor that would support these places. Plus, it's depressing having to fight a date to go inside the loop for a good dinner at an interesting spot because they want to go to Chili's for some bland burger.

The only restaraunts I would like to see added to Katy area would be some "local" chains. Some of the places inside the loop that would probably kick off closer to the West side. Barnaby's, Chuy's, etc. Or mom and pop places like Rocco's on Fry. There's tons of people close to my age (mid 20-early 30s) out on the West side because of the Energy Corridor that would support these places. Plus, it's depressing having to fight a date to go inside the loop for a good dinner at an interesting spot because they want to go to Chili's for some bland burger.

Isn't Barnaby's the really queer place with the dog theme?

Isn't Barnaby's the really queer place with the dog theme?

Haha, yes. I think they are varying degrees of queer. Fairview: super queer, W. Gray, quietly queer, and Shepherd, super shiny people queer. ;)

I'm not queer, but I love the Fairview Barnabys. It would be great addition to Katy if they could keep the queer factor high.

I'm not queer, but I love the Fairview Barnabys. It would be great addition to Katy if they could keep the queer factor high.

keep? last time i went it was grandparents/parents and their grandchildren/children. the hood has changed. it was like being IN Katy.

keep? last time i went it was grandparents/parents and their grandchildren/children. the hood has changed. it was like being IN Katy.

Really? I see some family units, but they're queer family units without little bitty kids. It must be the times of day when I go, or something. It's not as freaky as it used to be, granted, but it ain't Katy. I have yet to see drag queens smelling like bong water at the fuzzy's pizza on mason rd, lol!

Archived