Energy Corridor Office Building At 1345 Enclave Pkwy.

This morning, I was driving through the business park along Enclave Parkway, and I was curious as to what was being built at the site I mentioned in the title. There are two buildings located at the address, one 5-6 stories and the other is about 11 stories and neither have appeared to have topped out yet.

If you're familiar with the area, it is across the road from the Sysco Campus. From the sign, it looked like Tellepsen was the General Contractor, but I couldn't see much of anything else.

Any idea whose project this is?

Is it the Eldridge Oaks project?

Work Begins on 700,000SF Houston Office Project April 3, 2008

By: Barbra Murray, Contributing Editor

21897-Eldridge-Oaks-copy.jpgConstruction of Eldridge Oaks, a 700,000-square-foot office development in Houston's thriving Energy Corridor, has just gotten underway. Developer Transwestern plans to complete the first phase of the environmentally-friendly Class A project in September of next year.

Eldridge Oaks (pictured) sits on a 21-acre site on Eldridge Parkway, just one mile from I-10. The initial phase of the project involves a 14-story tower featuring 350,000 square feet. Phase II, for which no construction start date has yet been set, will also consist of 350,000 square feet of space for multiple tenants or for build-to-suit use. Additionally, both buildings will be designed to meet LEED certification standards. "It's going to be a great corporate environment with a greenbelt area around it, abutting Terry Hershey Park," David Baker, an executive vice president with Transwestern, told CPN today. Baker and colleagues Eric Anderson and Paul Wittorf are overseeing leasing for the spec project.

Given the state of Houston's Energy Corridor, it appears that Eldridge Oaks will certainly attract a great deal of attention from potential tenants. The submarket--home to such leading energy companies as BP America, Shell, Sysco, ExxonMobil, as well as a bevy of engineering businesses--is buzzing with activity. "The Class A vacancy rate is less than 4 percent in the Energy Corridor," Baker noted. "There is still strong absorption in the market; there was 840,000 square feet of absorption in the first quarter. Virtually all new construction projects in the submarket have been substantially leased before they're finished."

This demand for premier office space is bringing new developments at every turn. Last month, Behringer Harvard revealed plans to develop the 300,000-square-foot Three Eldridge Place next to One and Two Eldridge Place buildings, which are both presently 99 percent leased. In January, Opus West broke ground on Energy Crossing I & II, two six-story towers that will offer 240,000 square feet, each. "The timing is fabulous," Baker said, "and given the lack of space, I think the trend is going to continue."

• 8 months later...
This morning, I was driving through the business park along Enclave Parkway, and I was curious as to what was being built at the site I mentioned in the title. There are two buildings located at the address, one 5-6 stories and the other is about 11 stories and neither have appeared to have topped out yet.

If you're familiar with the area, it is across the road from the Sysco Campus. From the sign, it looked like Tellepsen was the General Contractor, but I couldn't see much of anything else.

Any idea whose project this is?

I just joined this forum and saw your question from a while back. I believe the project you are referring to is for Auto Nation a large company which owns and operates automobile dealerships across the US. I may have the company name wrong, it might be called Auto One, I dont recall for sure. But the project for their new HQ is just east of Sysco on Eldridge Parkway. Hope this helps despite the lag in response time.

I just joined this forum and saw your question from a while back. I believe the project you are referring to is for Auto Nation a large company which owns and operates automobile dealerships across the US. I may have the company name wrong, it might be called Auto One, I dont recall for sure. But the project for their new HQ is just east of Sysco on Eldridge Parkway. Hope this helps despite the lag in response time.

That does, actually! I was kinda curious since there was no "Coming Soon" or developer's signage in front of the site. The permits at the gate weren't all that helpful either since they had the bare minimum of the contractor's address and some other data.

Or, wait long enough and someone writes about it.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/busine...ff/6227973.html

Yes just saw the article, it was a car company as I thought, just not the one I had heard it was. Does anyone know what happened wit land auctioned off at the sw corner of I10 and Eldridge? I havent seen anything about someone buying it. I think it is about 10 acres of so and vacant now. Was owned by the hospital at memorial city as leverage in negotiations with the memorial city developer for when their lease came up a few years ago there.

• The title was changed to Energy Corridor Office Building At 1345 Enclave Pkwy.

Archived