What is your favorite Houston neighborhood?

River Oaks and Memorial are both breathtaking millionaire enclaves, but for some reason I've always had an affinty for Garden Oaks.

I love this neighborhood. It just seems so calm and peaceful, and there's such a sense of community there.

I think its the canopy of trees that does it for me.

Edited by PuroAztlan

West University Place

Reason: The restrictions are adhered to as far as keeping the homes neat and well kept. Also, most of the residents are professionals and well travelled & educated. Many are university faculty or doctors for nearby Med Center. Plus all of the nearby amenities. Gorgeous homes and landscaping too. :D

Similar topic was discussed a few months ago by the way.

On a larger scale, the museum district. It's grand and funky all at once. I like the mix of residential styles, and being near the museums, and the park, Montrose, etc. And I love fountains.

Wow, I never thought of the Museum District as a neighborhood but now that you mentioned it, that does make a pretty badass hood.

There is a very small part of Memorial that I REALLY love. I will even tell you the street, Broken Bough, not the Broken Bough by Town and Country, it is a little further in from the Beltway.

By the creek/bayou?

Yep, on the northside of Memorial drive.

Between Knipp and Strey it's pretty sweet.

My favorite house in Memorial is on Shasta. Somebody bought a few acres on bayou, graded and landscaped it to look like Virgina and put a farm style house on it.

However, living in Western Memorial, right by the bayou ain't half bad either. Super quiet, big lots and a real grid-pattern neighborhood, unlike most of the one shot lanes throughout Memorial.

I'll always have a soft spot for Little Tanglewood as well. That's where the kids were babies and I spent hours pushing that baby jogger. Good times.

Edited by KatieDidIt

HYDE PARK

i don't need to name names but if your in the biz then you know what's up

Why y'all disrespectin' Gulfton?

why diss any of those places,

I spent some time living in Gulfton, you can learn alot if you had some humility

which considering this is snarky land, not likely

HYDE PARK

I spent some time living in Gulfton, you can learn alot if you had some humility

Eastwood in da Hood...

Fine, I'll bite:

Teach me.

HYDE PARK

Let's leave Dane Cook out of this shall we, I don't feel like puking !

My favorite house in Memorial is on Shasta. Somebody bought a few acres on bayou, graded and landscaped it to look like Virgina and put a farm style house on it.

I love that house! I'm particularly fond of how the driveway approaches from the base of the property.

Edited by Porchman

HYDE PARK

Hey I'm from the HOOD homie, we just jokin, calmate. . .

Timbergrove is a sleeper and one of the most underrated hood's in the loop, but my #1 :

Crestwood (next to Memorial Park)

b/c:

-nearby parks and proximity to Washington Ave/Memorial/Kirby/610/I-10, etc

-For those of us who take frequent bike rides, there's a ton of character b/w Memorial Park and Spotts Park at Waugh and Memorial (via memorial or side streets, the scenery/views are very charming)

-Deed restictions that prohibit commercial development west of Westcott to memorial Park

-The increasing amount of density near this area (i.e. Rice Military/Camp Logan)

Yes, Timbergrove is my all time favorite. My great grandparents owned a house on Turnpike in the early 1950's. One of my great aunt's bought it after they passed away, but sold it when I was about 9 or 10 (1964 or '65).

My second favorite would be Nassua Bay, no family ties, I just like it, that's all.