Mello yellow?

foxmulder

Where can one find Mello yellow in Houston? Our company switched to coke and they tell us "you can order it! but, it's not a lot of stock available." When i tried to order it they told me it wasn't available for our market...

Where can one find Mello yellow in Houston? Our company switched to coke and they tell us "you can order it! but, it's not a lot of stock available." When i tried to order it they told me it wasn't available for our market...

I just knew someone would eventually ask about Mellow Yellow! It was a bit of a sensation when new. Now a part of American pop culture I guess? I'll bet Jimmy Hoffa is sipping on one now.

I still can't get over Funyon's. :D

and let's not bring up Zima... :o

I just knew someone would eventually ask about Mellow Yellow! It was a bit of a sensation when new. Now a part of American pop culture I guess? I'll bet Jimmy Hoffa is sipping on one now.

I still can't get over Funyon's. :D

and let's not bring up Zima... :o

No Funyons down your way? They stock them in the deli in the basement of my building.

I see Mello Yello now and again, mostly at fountains locations like movie theaters and McDonald's. I don't think I've seen it in cans since I was a kid.

Recently I did manage to find a place that has Mr. Pibb. The real stuff, not Pibb Xtra. I fell in love with 'Pibb the first time I moved to the South. It's hard to find elsewhere. Every time I'm south of Mason-Dixon I load up on Andy Capp's Hot Fries for the wife, too.

I remember Tab from when I was a kid. My mom would drink that, or Shasta -- whichever was on sale. Tab is making a comeback in some places because some people like to mix it with Red Bull. I've seen pre-mixed canned stuff labeled as "Tab Energy Drink."

Plenty of Funyuns down here, as disgusting as they are. I haven't seen Mello Yello in awhile. I would check eastward, like Mississippi or Florida. BUT, sometimes you can ask the vendor to put Mountain Dew in there and they might. Instead of the local vendor, have you tried here yet ?

Coca-Cola

1 Coca-Cola Plaza

Atlanta, GA 30313 USA

Phone: 404-676-2121

Web: www.cocacola.com

Recently I did manage to find a place that has Mr. Pibb. The real stuff, not Pibb Xtra. I fell in love with 'Pibb the first time I moved to the South. It's hard to find elsewhere. Every time I'm south of Mason-Dixon I load up on Andy Capp's Hot Fries for the wife, too.

That's funny that you mention Pibb and Hot Fries...it reminds me, sort of, of my favorite South Texas combo I discovered as a high school debate nerd trapped on a bus to Corpus or Victoria......Big Red and chicharones. We'd stop in Edna, or Refugio, and decided if it was good enough for the kids at that Circle K we should try them. Mmmm, awesome. Of course now I could have them anytime, anywhere, but I still do the combo occasionally when I'm headed to Port A.

I remember Tab from when I was a kid. My mom would drink that, or Shasta -- whichever was on sale. Tab is making a comeback in some places because some people like to mix it with Red Bull. I've seen pre-mixed canned stuff labeled as "Tab Energy Drink."

I did some work at a company that for some reason stocked Tab in their break room. Probably the CEO liked it. No idea where they got the stuff.

speaking of old foods & drinks : http://theimaginaryworld.com/page4.html

remember those fizzies drops...or funny face (koolaid like drink flavor pacs)

Something reminded me of bubblegum cigarettes the other day. :wacko: Talk about a bad influence! That always had a powdery thing on them. We acted all grown up as we puffed (pretended to) away. Then around halloween they always sold those wax orange harmonica's. It seldom made music but coaxed you into chewing it all up. They had a clear wrapper on them. Never see any more.

Mellow Yellow was actually a pretty good drink too. I really liked it.

I remember back in Canada the Mello Yello slurpees from 7-11 got me through my calculus classes....

I was just kidding :D and look what Wiki says:

Mello Yello is presumably named after the 1967 Donovan album and single, Mellow Yellow and, in fact, a cover of the song was used to promote this product. It was introduced with the slogan "Mello Yello - The World's Fastest Soft Drink."

Early television advertisements touted the suitability of the beverage for quick consumption, with an actor (dressed in an auto racing uniform) downing an entire bottle within the time of the commercial.

ccmello106.jpg 1979 Can ccmello105.jpg

"I was just kidding"

Nawhhh! :lol:

Remember the frito pies at Glenbrook pool, and those large flat colored taffy candies...

The 1960's - 70's songs are some of my favorites... my dad always polished & played his albums and singles (45's).

Plenty of Funyuns down here, as disgusting as they are. I haven't seen Mello Yello in awhile. I would check eastward, like Mississippi or Florida. BUT, sometimes you can ask the vendor to put Mountain Dew in there and they might. Instead of the local vendor, have you tried here yet ?

Coca-Cola

1 Coca-Cola Plaza

Atlanta, GA 30313 USA

Phone: 404-676-2121

Web: www.cocacola.com

If that was for me, yes i've tried the local coke bottler. I stopped at a garge sale one year and picked some up and the women said they bought them at Sams...Chucke cheese has the label on the fountain machine but tasted like sprite with water.

Something reminded me of bubblegum cigarettes the other day. :wacko: Talk about a bad influence! That always had a powdery thing on them.

Technically the cigars were bubblegum and the cigarettes were hard candy that came in packs that mimicked real cigarette packs. I give them out on Halloween. :P

Does anyone watch "American Dad?" They had a whole episode where they were trying to save Mr. Pibb, because they company was going to stop making it, and at the end Mr. Pibb the person leaves his retirement home and encourages them to try Pibb Xtra. I remember when I was a kid back in the 90's, Mr.Pibb had that funky shaped can. There were the Mr. Pibb vs Dr. Pepper debates of which was better. We always got Mr.Pibb, but I think that was because it was a Coke product, and Coke products were always on sale, like 5 12-packs for $10 dollars or whatever.

What is Mello Yello similiar to? Is it like Squirt or Sprite?

Does anyone watch "American Dad?" They had a whole episode where they were trying to save Mr. Pibb, because they company was going to stop making it, and at the end Mr. Pibb the person leaves his retirement home and encourages them to try Pibb Xtra. I remember when I was a kid back in the 90's, Mr.Pibb had that funky shaped can. There were the Mr. Pibb vs Dr. Pepper debates of which was better. We always got Mr.Pibb, but I think that was because it was a Coke product, and Coke products were always on sale, like 5 12-packs for $10 dollars or whatever.

What is Mello Yello similiar to? Is it like Squirt or Sprite?

It has been years since I tried it but if memory serves well it was sort of like Wyler's Lemonade soft drink mixed with 7 Up or Sprite?

PS, I also hate when a certain product suddenly vanishes without warning. There's was once (now classic) Seinfeld episode where Eileen hears of a certain item going away and she frantically searches every vendor in town to "stockpile". Cracks me up and I can certainly relate. I did the same thing. Clerks thought I was joking. :lol: Shelves at home are now filled up!

This is somewhat related to the subject matter...

Why did we always call it a "lunchkit", instead of a lunchbox?... I had one of the first vinyl/plastic "monkee's", pink w/faces on it, with matching thermos. Boy that thing is rare & worth a mint on EBAY! wish I still had it :) .

PS I love Seinfeld...and all the yadda,yadda.yadda.

Archived