002 Magazine has info about a lot of new developments

If you click the first link, they say 225-room five star hotel and "chef-driven restuarant". Are they hinting at something like a Emeril restaurant?

Good eye Trae, I didn't notice that before. It might be an Emril's or maybe a Wulf Gang Puck.

Cool. I hadn't seen the pictures for The Mix, and the pictures for West Ave. are new to me. Thanks for sharing.

I guess I should start looking at 002 again. I stopped reading it at Chipotle when it lost all substance and became 30 pages of adverting.

My favorite out of all of it is probably Regent Square (or Mix at Midtown). Also, that was the first time I have seen a rendering for West Ave.

Also, City Centre is looks good on that rendering, too. That's be a nice development.

Why does the Mix @ Midtown have the same picture as the Highland Tower/High Street section?

I'm guessing that picture is supposed to be the Mix because it looks like High Fashion is included in the pic. Unfortunately they didn't really give any details about the Mix, either. The article was describing the site across the street with the 24 HR Fitness.

Why does the Mix @ Midtown have the same picture as the Highland Tower/High Street section?

I'm guessing that picture is supposed to be the Mix because it looks like High Fashion is included in the pic. Unfortunately they didn't really give any details about the Mix, either. The article was describing the site across the street with the 24 HR Fitness.

Nope, that's definitely the High Street pic (same one that they have on the High Street website).

I bet the 002 layout folks were confused by the "High Fashion" sign just like you were! :P

If you click the first link, they say 225-room five star hotel and "chef-driven restuarant". Are they hinting at something like a Emeril restaurant?

Chef-driven is developer speak for something that isn't a chain. They used to just call them restaurants. Now they have to tell you when it's not something owned by Tillman Fertitta.

thanks for the links KID. I really got excited over the renderings for The Mix@Midtown. That was the most exciting read.

Still Representin the TRE!

eviltwin and roadrunner are right, those are HighStreet pics, not the Mix.

The West Ave. rendering looks the same, just updated. And one of the CityCentre rendering looks new, I think. Looks good.

EDIT: The article says West Ave. will only have 38 apts???

Interesting stuff. Have we talked about Americas Plaza? That was new to me.

Not that I remember. Seems interesting.

Wow, that's the first I've seen of West Ave. I think those corner caps look really cool. Right now, under construction, it just looks like it will be another flat roof structure.

Over at Boulevard Place, keep in mind that there will also be Cafe Annie and America's. An Emeril's would be cool also.

This is the first time for a couple of yall to see West Ave. renderings? Yall need to check out their website.

Okay, I'd missed this site. It's called Kirby @ Westheimer. Looking at their website has me really excited. However, the renderings from 002 Mag are different than on their website.

EDIT: The article says West Ave. will only have 38 apts???

I noticed that too... It actually says "a total of 38 apartments on five levels." I was thinking MAYBE they meant 38 apts per level -- obviously that would not be the correct way to express that, but West Ave. definitely will have more than 38 apartments total.

I noticed that too... It actually says "a total of 38 apartments on five levels." I was thinking MAYBE they meant 38 apts per level -- obviously that would not be the correct way to express that, but West Ave. definitely will have more than 38 apartments total.

Swamplot's article today says 390 luxury apartments. Maybe they typed 38 instead of 380; that's closer to 390.

002 did a nice job with the article.

I had been wondering what all they were doing at the Four Seasons. It looks like the new pool area will be a great improvement.

yeah, they [the four seasons] are having a party tomorrow night to commemorate it's opening.

Archived