Google Street View

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...233459&z=12

Most streets south of I-10 and east of the Grand Parkway, along with north of I-10, except for old town Katy are in the latest update of Google's Street View.

So was it trash day when the Google car went by your house?

How many gated communities did they make it inside?

I live west of 99 in new construction and my street is still not on any Internet map site (yet)

Todd

Wow, I hadn't looked at the Streetview feature in quite a while and am impressed with how much they've added to it. basically everything west of 290 or 288 is on there, as well as a bunch of Pasadena.

Wow, apparently it was Christmas, the wreath is up. Hmmm, its little creepy. I thought that there was only sor far down/close they could go with these images.

Have you all zoomed in on your house yet? Apparently I left the garage door open that day so you can see the make and model of the cars and everything else that's in there. <_<

Seems like it could be used more for evil than good.

Hopefully the work more on the East and Southwest sides of town. Get in every street like DFW.

I saw a Live Local truck driving around midtown the other day with cameras on top...I guess Microsoft is getting in on the streetview as well? Either way, something tells me we'll have the same resolution as Dallas soon enough

This is unbelieveable - I didn't know it was out there. We live in Grand Lakes and our house is on there. My grandparents house is on there and every car in our entire family is in their driveway (even one that is brand new) meaning that the google car drove by on Christmas Eve a few months ago. Unreal.

• 3 months later...

I live in Falcon Ranch, and we got updated. IT is pretty neat. I was on vacation so all you can see is my house and nothing else. None the less very cool. I also noticed that they are blurring people's faces, when they first came out with this you could see their face, it was pretty strange.

My house isn't on there and probably never will be. :) Google Maps doesn't seem to recognize that my street even exists, not to mention that it sits on a courtyard that isn't readily accessible. The rear entrance is in a little hidden alley. Love it. :D

Take that, THE MAN!

My house isn't on there and probably never will be. :) Google Maps doesn't seem to recognize that my street even exists, not to mention that it sits on a courtyard that isn't readily accessible. The rear entrance is in a little hidden alley. Love it. :D

Take that, THE MAN!

They are going to hunt you down now. :(

moo, I live in the as yet un-Google mapped part of Falcon Ranch, and it's like the Google camcar just stopped in the middle of the road rather than continue down on the unmapped streets. Maybe when the rest of the streets get on the map streetview will show up.

Oh well... a few more weeks/months of "privacy" I guess...

• 2 years later...

Just saw the Google Streetview car running through my neighborhood about an hour ago. Ours had already been photographed two or three years ago so I guess they must be on an update cycle. Nice to know they are going to keep it updated. It will be interesting to find out how long it takes from the date the pictures are taken til they are available on google maps.

<<< Still has not resolved his Streetview issue.

On 3 different computers, I can't use streetview with Firefox 3.

The blue lines are there, but you can't drag the orange guy to get streetview. You can drag him, but he turns gray when you stop moving the mouse. Furthermore, I no longer have the ability to just zoom into streetview.

Between the streetview issue and google taking away their realestate syncing with HAR... google maps has gone from hero to zero in like 4 months time.

• 2 weeks later...

streetview041011_001.jpg

The Google cars are all fancy now. They used to be really low-key, before everyone knew what Google Maps is, and are now more comfortable with it.

The Google cars used to look more like this car I took a snap of from Everyscape, doing essentially the same thing that Google Maps does:

IMG_0008.jpg

• 10 months later...

While looking at the Google satellite view on the Midtown thread, I noticed that the Sat views were updated. I already knew that, but when I zoomed in, I noticed that Street view was also updated. Naturally, I looked at my house next. It is much better, since the pic was taken in May 2011. The old Street View was taken during winter, and all of the trees had no leaves.

The best part occured as I zoomed in on my house. The zoom is much more clear than the old view. So clear, in fact, that as I zoomed in on my driveway, there was my Boxer sitting in the shade next to the house. Now I know what Wilson does all day while I am gone. He guards the house right behind the gate. Good boy, Willy!

Oh, damn. I can see the vertical blinds on the rear patio door through the top window panes of the front door of the house I lived in when this was taken.

I can also see that my business partner was lying to me when he claimed to have been forced to sell his other vehicles to raise funds for a cash call. So...thank you Google for your incessant invasions of my privacy! You're my best friend.

Archived