Crime In Third Ward

O. M. G.

:o

What? There aren't? You think it can't happen?

Don't take the world you live in for granted. Things can change quickly (or, more likely, very slowly and then all at once). Those who wrote the U.S. Constitution realized that and were extraordinarily forward-thinking. It boggles the mind.

The mind boggles alright.

Seriously, do you really think HAIF is the right place to be peddling theories about armed insurrection against Presidential candidates? I am sure that there are plenty of sites out there that cater to that kind of thing, and those kind of people, but we've always tried to be a nice local interest board.

Seriously, do you really think HAIF is the right place to be peddling theories about armed insurrection against Presidential candidates? I am sure that there are plenty of sites out there that cater to that kind of thing, and those kind of people, but we've always tried to be a nice local interest board. Now can we return to the topic?

If plausible and relevent, then it is appropriate IMO to discuss political theory on HAIF. I contend that my discussion of American culture as well as constitutional law and its underlying purposes are subjects that dovetail nicely with discussion preceeding it.

Furthermore, while it is common practice on HAIF to remove disjointed tangential discussion to its own thread, I would also contend that the event cited by the OP and the discourse that followed has everything to do with American culture and law, and that not only is HAIF an appropriate forum, but that this is an appropriate thread.

Also, if you go back and read, I was not making statements necessarily confined to Presidential candidates, as you seem to contend; contrary to what seems to be a popular belief, the actions of a President are not made unilaterally and are insufficient in and of themselves to induce tyranny. It takes more than one political leader (perhaps in the context of a 'movement', whether backed by substance or not) to effect a change of that scope. If any particular politician, whether in office or only a candidate, happens to fit my description, that is purely coincidental.

Finally, I will warn you that I have documented this thread and will be watchful for editorial deletions. Any attempt by a moderator or Editor to censor what is clearly plausible and relevent will be resisted. Editor owns HAIF and has the final word on what occurs, ranging from editing for content, to thread closures, to deletions, to banning of members, and I accept that it would be his prerogative as to how to deal with me. However, in light of the Danax incident, I believe this to be an appropriate and just measure. Any other action on my part would be a violation of personal integrity.

O. M. G.

Yeah that comment shocked me too. Be careful what you say Niche, that armed revolution stuff makes you look bad.

By the way, I'm a United States citizen who happened to grow up in Canada, not just a Canadian.

Be careful what you say Niche, that armed revolution stuff makes you look bad.

You're right, I am not in the majority, and I don't care that others know it and may think less of me. My beliefs are my own and I adhere to them insofar as reason compels.

Regardless of opinions as to the correctness of my own beliefs, persons without respect for my integrity are utterly worthless. Their approval or disdain cannot be taken at face value. It is inconsequential.

I don't believe ANY kind of insurrection will be necessary against ANY candidate in this election, that is unless of course Hillary gets the nod, but I digress. I don't believe either Democratic candidate has a chance, as history has proven, when there is infighting amongst the party on either side, during an election year, the other party NOT squabbling has won. So, Niche, put your torch and gun away, we won't need them just yet. If by some miracle a Dem. is elected next, I will give them a year or two to jack things up and then we can all go storm the oval office together.

I don't believe ANY kind of insurrection will be necessary against ANY candidate in this election, that is unless of course Hillary gets the nod, but I digress. I don't believe either Democratic candidate has a chance, as history has proven, when there is infighting amongst the party on either side, during an election year, the other party NOT squabbling has won. So, Niche, put your torch and gun away, we won't need them just yet. If by some miracle a Dem. is elected next, I will give them a year or two to jack things up and then we can all go storm the oval office together.

I wasn't referring to any particular candidate, whether already in office, as part of this election cycle or future election cycles. I also didn't specify party affiliation. It may be that somebody in this election cycle does something unpredictable that sets up a far more dangerous candidate to succeed the next time around.

Ultimately, the danger that I'd identified was that voters would make a cruddy choice, unknowingly putting someone into office that would subsequently screw things up in ways that everybody on HAIF except possibly KinkaidAlum would agree are bad. But we wouldn't figure it out until they've had the opportunity to show their true colors.

[Cue RedScare for George W. Bush joke.]

OK, from this point on, the thread MUST be back on topic. Further replies along the armed insurrection line are off-topic and will be deleted. If you want to start another thread about the Second Amendment and the use of a civilian militia to counter tyranny from within, fine. But this thread is a different type of discussion.

line-in-the-snad.jpg

What's going on with Joe Horn? I can't find anything written about his case since late last year.

Joe has moved away, I believe to Oklahoma with other family. I want to say i read it or heard it on the news. He is definately NOT in the house where the incident occurred.

• The title was changed to Crime In Third Ward

Archived