Invasive Trees In The Houston Area In The Woodlands

woody_hawkeye

Spanish moss gets its sustenance from the air, rainfall and natural mineral leaching from leaves. That it can grow on the Tallow is no saving grace for that troublesome species.

Please do not re-think your position.

:)

If we think "native" trees and bushes in our landscaping, there is a lot that can be done to provide a beautiful yard almost all year long, from red berries to fully blooming trees. We do not need our gardens "made in in China". We have an abundance in our homes. Water consumption should also be a criteria. I will invest some time into researching and interviewing some key people people for water conservation in landscaping design during the next couple of months. I do not know where the Tallow will fit into that yet, but it will not impact my view of its impact on the rest of the environment.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish you could have told me that BEFORE I went and planted 3 Tallows in my front yard yesterday... ;)

WOW! My tallows plant themselves...before long my whole lawn will be full of tallows!!

ahhhh.beautiful berry mess all over everything! but at least i will have a nice place for my spanish moss to hang B)

Anyone else ever seen Spanish moss on a tallow tree?

Not since I cut that sorry m****rf****r down.

Since my neighbor's tallows are still alive, I have those friggin' things all over the yard. In the alley, there are so many seedlings, I have to actually mow them with the lawnmower.

• The title was changed to Invasive Trees In The Houston Area In The Woodlands

Archived