Firehouse Philly's In Downtown

Man, I just had a firehouse southwest philly last night! I didn't know they were closin! That's f****d up. Now I gotta drive 20 min. In any direction to get some good fast food. I could actually park and eat there! PARK!!! IN DOWNTOWN!!!! FOR FREE!!!!!! That's it. That's the last straw. If shamrock isn't built, game over for downtown. Game over.......

They are open fro 11:00am - 10pm Mon. - Thur. and close at 3:00am Fridays and Saturdays.

No one knows it exists accept those that stay/work at the Sam Houston hotel and people like us who are likely to move around downtown beyond the "known" areas.

Nothing a little advertising couldn't fix. Next to Main St. is a great location, that place used to be packed during baseball season. There were times I remember waiting 45 minutes for a sandwich after 2:00am.

Man, I just had a firehouse southwest philly last night! I didn't know they were closin! That's f****d up. Now I gotta drive 20 min. In any direction to get some good fast food. I could actually park and eat there! PARK!!! IN DOWNTOWN!!!! FOR FREE!!!!!! That's it. That's the last straw. If shamrock isn't built, game over for downtown. Game over.......

It doesn't say anything about closing. The ebay information says they want to focus on other things and are hoping to find someone to buy the going business from them.

I remember not that long ago, this building was a run-down little coffee shop. We actually stopped in for coffee one time when we were staying at The Sam. And we commented about how that building, if cleaned up, could make a really cute little diner. From the description and pictures, it looks like they've done just that.

• 2 months later...
i went by to get my philly fix saturday before an aeros game, and we found the place closed. it was full of trashbags, and looked like the kitchen equipment was all stripped out.

nobody bid for it, is it gone for good??

They're still trying to sell it.....this auction closed today...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7510525947

Such a cute little building.

Why did they have it at $17,500 and not sell it, and now the relisted one is at $35,000.  Also on the newest one there is barely any info and fewer pictures.

I believe the $17,500 was for 1/2 ownership but for the full lease responsibility. So they retained 1/2 profits and other costs, but the purchaser was on the hook for the remainder of the 7 year lease if the place folded. That was my take...

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you guys tried the new Philly Cheesteak place that just opened up on Scott and Alabama in third ward (Right across from U of H). Know some of yall might think yall too good for the hood! :D (just jokin')

The owner of this shop moved down here from Philladelphia because his son goes to U of H and his cheesteak's are just as good, if not better than Firehouse Philly's were.

• 4 weeks later...
Have any of you guys tried the new Philly Cheesteak place that just opened up on Scott and Alabama in third ward (Right across from U of H). Know some of yall might think yall too good for the hood! :D  (just jokin') 

The owner of this shop moved down here from Philladelphia because his son goes to U of H and his cheesteak's are just as good, if not better than Firehouse Philly's were.

That is so true, I remember when they were building it they came to put a ad in the TSU Student newspaper, and they were real excited. The food is great and real fresh, I love them more than Firehouse Phillys also...

:D

• The title was changed to Firehouse Philly's In Downtown