Developments Off I-45 Between The Woodlands & Spring

lockmat

Here's the first one: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...mp;t=h&z=18 (It's just south of that Chase? building)

Second: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...mp;t=h&z=14 (I think. I'll have to take a closer look when I drive by it today) It might be located just north of the label on the map, 'nrh frwy.' One company working on this is ML Deer. You can see their sign from the freeway. Their website has no details. Maybe someone else who has seen this can get a more specific map if I don't get to it before 5.

http://www.mldeer.com/

Anyone know what's goin on at these places?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I still haven't figured out what those two are. Although the one closest to Rayford/Sawdust has put in some stuff that makes it look like it'll be at least two or three+ floors.

I was also wondering what that place next to Sams Boat and BLVD on the east side of the freeway was gonna be. Saw a commercial for Rooms to Go this morning saying they were coming to Houston soon. The building in the background looked just like the one that's there.

I was driving down Rayford today and saw that they are in the process of erecting a crane at Sawdust and 45 next to the chase building. Looks like a pretty significant structure going in. They've got huge concrete pillars in the ground now. Also, they are building what looks to be a 4 or 5 story structure on the northbound feeder before you get to that new church they just built on the right. Also, The Woodlands Town Center is just booming. It's unbelievable! We're going to have cranes everywhere before long. Not to mention the 10 story building going in at Shenendoah...which will be started this year.

I was driving down Rayford today and saw that they are in the process of erecting a crane at Sawdust and 45 next to the chase building. Looks like a pretty significant structure going in. They've got huge concrete pillars in the ground now. Also, they are building what looks to be a 4 or 5 story structure on the northbound feeder before you get to that new church they just built on the right. Also, The Woodlands Town Center is just booming. It's unbelievable! We're going to have cranes everywhere before long. Not to mention the 10 story building going in at Shenendoah...which will be started this year.

I wonder what it's gonna be, b/c from the looks of it so far it looks thin. There's two rows of pillars and that's it; not very deep at all. I guess they could put more up.

--------

Another project I was wondering about...It's just south of the Ramada and some other hotel on the east side of 45, and south of 1960...about 1 mile away. They're clearing land really fast and it goes back really deep. It looks like it could be another hotel, but there are no signs that say who is doing the work. Anyone got the scoop?

Well, I still haven't figured out what those two are. Although the one closest to Rayford/Sawdust has put in some stuff that makes it look like it'll be at least two or three+ floors.

I was also wondering what that place next to Sams Boat and BLVD on the east side of the freeway was gonna be. Saw a commercial for Rooms to Go this morning saying they were coming to Houston soon. The building in the background looked just like the one that's there.

It IS a Rooms to Go. First of four to open very soon.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....78900&EDATE=

• 3 months later...

I'll have to look next time I'm up that way. By the way, I really hate how they developed that stretch on both sides of the freeway. It is just butt ugly. I am not against business, but couldn't there begin to be some reasonable look and feel to things?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
They put on their pants one leg at a time just like the rest of the world.

Yep. I know a few co-workers that live in TW but work downtown. There is no way I would want that commute. I guess you have to take the good with the bad but there are good and decent neighborhoods that are closer in if you ask me with above average schools. I also think it's interesting that they advertise heavily to get you to move to TW which is great but what if a few years down the road it starts to get overcrowded, which I believe it already is. And you know what happens after overcrowding? Crime. Then where will they go if that happens? (although I'm not saying it will happen).

Yep. I know a few co-workers that live in TW but work downtown. There is no way I would want that commute. I guess you have to take the good with the bad but there are good and decent neighborhoods that are closer in if you ask me with above average schools. I also think it's interesting that they advertise heavily to get you to move to TW which is great but what if a few years down the road it starts to get overcrowded, which I believe it already is. And you know what happens after overcrowding? Crime. Then where will they go if that happens? (although I'm not saying it will happen).

I don't really see crime ever becoming an issue in TW; my personal opinion. The worst crimes will be speeding.

Also, where do you see advertisments for TW living? Maybe I'm just thinking of billboards, but I haven't really seen anything else.

I don't really see crime ever becoming an issue in TW; my personal opinion. The worst crimes will be speeding.

Also, where do you see advertisments for TW living? Maybe I'm just thinking of billboards, but I haven't really seen anything else.

Well I guess I meant the billboards and mostly word of mouth. The usual "come live in The Woodlands".

• The title was changed to Developments Off I-45 Between The Woodlands & Spring

Archived