Time Zone?

houstonmacbro

What time zone is HAIF in? I notice that around 11 p.m. Houston-time, it actually showed (or I thought it did) midnight. I never really noticed (the actual time stamp) until I posted this late.

Is HAIF set to Eastern Time Zone?

I'm going to guess that HAIF stores times in GMT and displays them based on your personal time zone setting, so it doesn't matter what time zone is set on the server.

The HAIF server is located in Eastern Time (Pittsburgh). When you sign up, you tell it what time zone you're in and it adjust for you. The server, itself, thinks in UTC and tries to make adjustments for everyone. It doesn't always work. Especially when someone on HAIF hasn't set their time zone and another one has, then there can be double-corrections.

The HAIF server is located in Eastern Time (Pittsburgh). When you sign up, you tell it what time zone you're in and it adjust for you. The server, itself, thinks in UTC and tries to make adjustments for everyone. It doesn't always work. Especially when someone on HAIF hasn't set their time zone and another one has, then there can be double-corrections.

Okay, that explains it then.