Stocks Plunge Worldwide

Subdude

I don't think the Fed rate changes do as much as they claim. I believe they hype them in an attempt to make them more meaningful.

I think you're dead nuts on the money with that statement. We may get a few days in a down swing, what goes up must come down, but i will recover. we have an election year coming up and we will get that droop also, we almost always do. It's almost like they set it up to make whoever gets in the oval office look like a savior when it naturally rebounds. Bush got a big slap with Enron falling and the planes hitting the Twin Towers, we survived that, and I personally think it shows the ability we have to bounce back. The "R" word really doesn't scare me that much. The pendulum swings both ways.

The Dow will be up about 30 points before the day is over. It was scary seeing 465 right out the shoot , now it is all back but about 75 points. C'mon traders, make it happen. Aren't the oil companies giving their reports today ?

Supposedly the markets are pricing in another 50 bp cut within a month. Today's 75 bp cut outside of a Fed meeting had been rumored this month and priced into forward yields, so the story is that the markets aren't looking at it as enough of a liquidity boost.

He can't win.

He can if things continue to tank like they've been tanking and more people wake up. Granted, I think the Republican Party establishment is dug in so tightly at the top as well as in their propaganda outlets that Ron's best bet is to go 3rd Party. He's shown he can raise big money from tens of thousands of small donations from avg joe Americans and not depend on the big special interests like the other candidates.

He can if things continue to tank like they've been tanking and more people wake up. Granted, I think the Republican Party establishment is dug in so tightly at the top as well as in their propaganda outlets that Ron's best bet is to go 3rd Party. He's shown he can raise big money from tens of thousands of small donations from avg joe Americans and not depend on the big special interests like the other candidates.

If only Ron Paul's message could be transplanted into someone who could actually win - and maybe communicate a little better. Have you seen him in the debates? He gets flustered too easily and just loses it. Don't get me wrong - I like his message (minus what was printed in his news letters in the 1980's, 90's).

So we got 75 bps of rate cut today. Outstanding. This is not going to work. Not for the long term. We're OK now... but we are going to pay like there is no tomorrow when this comes home to roost and inflation eats us alive. There will be more cuts and things will seem all rosy, but we're fooling ourselves.

Like legos? How about little lego animations? This simple little "cartoon" explains it all:

He's already categorically stated that he won't run as a third party candidate.

The only way Ron Paul has a chance at getting up the ladder any, is if he's chosen as a VP running mate so whoever can try to carry Texas, and there's no guarantee of that, he's not the most popular guy here either. Thompson has already bailed, I figure Giuliani to pass Paul in the primaries. Both Paul and Giuliani are just vote placeholders for those that don't like the alternative.

Archived