Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots Vs. New York Giants

Trae

But they probably ought to just drop all pretenses and call the award "The Best Quarterback, Running Back or Wide Receiver On the Winning Team" award.

no doubt...but it would just be soo difficult not to give the award to only the second QB to throw two 4th quarter TD's in a winning effort, including engineering a game winning 80 yard drive with a little over 2 minutes left...GO ELI!!! The more I think about what he did, the more amazed I am that he did it...

but then again the only reason Eli was able to do what he did in the 4th was because of what the Giants D-Line did in the first three quarters...

I was sooooooooo into the Super Bowl this year, that I literally fell asleep during Tom Petty's halftime performance. I didn't find out who won until this morning. Hope next year's bowl will hold my interest a little better.

As is the statement "most would agree" considering that this is all subjective opinion. That's why I put it that way.

At this point I dissagree that my statement was subjective. It's the way most people feel right now. Wouldn't you agree?

At this point I dissagree that my statement was subjective. It's the way most people feel right now. Wouldn't you agree?

Hype isn't fact. The last five years don't mean much. The regular season doesn't mean much. What have you done for me lately? Again, can you HONESTLY look at the last month and say that the Pats were a decidedly better team than the Giants? I can't.

Because 18-0 looks really sexy. But it's just a number.

No denying that it's a huge WIN. But a huge win is different from a huge upset. Again, how big of an upset is it if so many people who analyze football (and are good enough at it to feed their families doing it) picked them to win? It wasn't a majority, but it was a significant number. Find me one person (who doesn't wear Pats boxers at night) who picked the Pats to beat the Rams.

I'm not going to argue the rest as it is subjective. Let's just agree to disagree.

Edit: Yes the Pats looked beatable toward the end of the season, but I think it has little to do with how big this win was. This was the first 18 game winner ever.

I think the '84' 49'ers went 18-1 as did the '85' Bears.

So their potential history making season became old news as soon as Plaxico caught that final pass.

Archived